CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A moment of silence...

Tonight, after my Zumba class, I was talking to the owner of the gym I go to.  She has been so helpful and encouraging to me.  The gym is my place to go and unwind after a long day with the kids, and I am so thankful that I found Fitness Connexion.  The owner, Eren, was chatting with me as I punched my contest card and she said that her 4th grader and 2nd grader had asked her earlier in the week what a moment of silence was.  She explained to them, that a moment of silence is when we sit quietly and think of someone or something in remembrance or to honor them.  She asked her sons why they were asking this question.  They told her that everyday at school, they have a moment of silence for our  troops that are serving overseas.  She told her sons that she knew of two ladies from the gym whose husband (mine) and son were currently serving in Iraq.  She then asked her sons if there was something specific that they could do for my husband and her son during that time of silence and they said they would like to pray for them.   Eren then asked me for my husbands name so that her sons and her family could pray for Kevin.
At this point, I was standing at the front desk, wiping away tears.  An 8 year old and a 6 year old little boy have taken the time this week to pray specifically for my husband.  I can't even explain how amazing it was to hear her say that her family prays for us.  They don't even know Kevin, or really me for that matter except for checking in at the desk and an occasional conversation and yet, we are a part of their everyday lives in thought and prayer.