CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lauren 18 months


Big, beautiful brown eyes and a smile to make your heart melt. 


An uncanny sense of humor for such a little girl. 

A sweetness about her you cannot resist.  
My sweet Lauren Grace is 18 months old.  It hit me at her last well check when they said that I didn't have to bring her back for 6 months for her 2 year well check.  No way...6 months isn't that far away.  18 months.  It seriously seems like yesterday that she was born, and yet I have another little bug that is growing just as fast.  I just can't believe it sometimes.  Some of Lauren's favorite activities this month are coloring and playing outside.  I purchased Crayola Color Wonder markers but she loses interest very quickly.  They take a few seconds to to actually show up and by the time they do, she's lost interest and either thrown them on the ground or tries to put them in her mouth.  So, needless to say we are done with those for a while.  She actually prefers to draw with a plain ol' pencil.  I'm just fine with that.  
Another activity is playing outside.  The weather has been warming up (I say that and now it's snowing..ugh) ...The weather WAS warmer the last few weeks and Lauren was able to go outside for a few days.  One day, her uncle Jordan took her for a wagon ride, and yesterday I took both of the girls for a ride and to the park.  She gets so excited when I say we are going outside that she will run and get her shoes and hand them to me saying "Shoe, shoe".  She'll then stand in her room and point up to the coat rack and say "coat"...then she'll run around saying "side, side" (outside).   She just LOVES it!  I don't blame her.  Last year I was so pregnant and it was so HOT in Kansas that we rarely went outside.  I look forward to our daily walks and trips to the local park this summer.  It's only a few blocks away!! 






0 comments: