CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chicken Gyro

I don't know about you, but I LOVE gyros.  They aren't exactly one of the healthiest things I could love either. :S This is a recipe that I put together myself.  It is a quick and easy go to meal for those busy nights.  It resembles (to me) a taste of a gyro, without all of the calories and fat and grease. You can dress it up however you like and because the chicken burgers come already pre-cooked you can have your dinner prepared and ready to eat in less than 15 minutes!
 First the meat.  I used Kaybee Foods "Green Pepper & Mozzerella Chicken Burgers"
They come already pre cooked, so all you have to do is warm them up.  I prefer to cook them on the George Foreman grill.  I love the crisp crust and grill lines that come from cooking it that way instead of a microwave oven.






Next I used a 1/2 of pita pocket.  There are all sorts of brands and flavors, mine was just a plain white pita pocket.  Nothin' fancy. 
For the sauce, I used 1 Tbsp. of light sour cream, mixed with minced garlic, chives and ground pepper. 
I dressed up my pita with red onion, cucumbers and tomatoes. 

Calories: 245 cal. (includes everything I mentioned above)
Fat: 8.5 grams

1 comments:

Anonymous

That looks good, and easy! and I need a few more recipes that are so low-cal ... thanks for sharing.

Hope you have a great week!
Maegan :)