CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Med Recall and my weekend so far...

The FDA is investigating after a voluntary recall was made by a company who produces and distributes over 40 different over the counter children's cold and allergy liquid meds.  Here is the LINK to the press release, products and item numbers involved in the recall.  There is also information how to get a refund or a coupon to replace the recalled meds.  So, everyone, check your labels!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  I have a sick husband and a snotty (booger kind, not drama queen kind)  and clingy daughter. I got a neti pot for one and a booger sucker for the other. Neither of them seem too fond of their nostril clearers.  At least Kevin doesn't scream at the top of his lungs like my little bug does when I come near her with saline and the booger sucker.  I feel terrible, I wish there were an easier way.
I had my 20 week check yesterday.  I am 20 weeks and 2 days along.  I am due September 17 and I have already gained 3/4 of the weight back that I had gained with Lauren.  WOOO! not.  I like to bake when I am stressed...and unfortunately I have no one to take these treats to!  I don't know if it's military families or just Kansas, but people are not friendly!  Our immediate neighbors will say hi if we are passing in the drive way but our neighbors to the other way will turn away and act like we don't even exist! And..don't get me started how they park in front of our house which is our assigned street parking.  Wouldn't be so bad, if they wouldn't purposely do it as soon as we leave...  It's not a huge deal and we don't need that parking spot technically but with a one car garage it's sometimes a pain to pull the small car out of the drive to get the big one out so we can all go somewhere.... It's nice to just park it on the street and not play musical cars.  I am not one for confrontation so I will probably just get used to the fact that they are rude and non social people AND too bad, so sad for them,  I'm not going to share my brownies!! na na na na boo boo! 

Anyways, back to my pregnancy..but my BP is high.  I have had my blood drawn about twenty times...literally and the tests all come back negative for protein in the blood and urine samples. SO that is a good thing.  Right now she doesn't seem too concerned. I go back in 2 weeks for an office visit with the Dr. to evaluate my anxiety/BP and then 2 weeks after that, I go for my ultrasound.  We have decided that we are going to find out the sex.  I think this time though, we are not going to have her tell us during the ultrasound and have her write it on a piece of paper and seal it.  We will have Kevin open it up on his 30th birthday, which is 2 days after the u/s.  IF we can wait that long! 
Ok..well I am going to bed.  I didn't get my daily cat nap in today. While the sickies napped, I had the joy of balancing the checkbook.  Now, that's a depressing task! 
But this will brighten your day..it did mine! :)

4 comments:

Jill

20 weeks, seems like that has flown by (maybe not for you)! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. We had the Dr write it down for us and we brought it home and opened it later, it was awesome! I still remember seeing "boy" on that piece of paper, and Merrick's reaction. Can't wait to hear if Lauren will have a little brother or sister!

Stacy

Hang in there girlie. If you need to chat, I'm only a phone call away. Love ya :)

Stacy

Hang in there girlie. If you ever need to chat, I'm just a phone call away! Love you :)

Rebecca

It will get better, I promise!! I am not sure of the unfriendliness in your neighborhood, but just think, with the military, you are really only there for a little while, then you will pcs and find better people :) You can always come and visit us in Florida!!

I hate having a house full of sickies. It never helps when the hubby is sick too. It seems like it always exaggerates everything!!

Are you going to let everyone else know what you are having once you find out?? I can't wait to find out. I hope it's a boy, then you'll be just like me! When does Lauren turn 1?

Wow, again, I probably should have just emailed you....Oh well, I like writing books :)