CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Fabulous Weekend

Sorry this post is so delayed. I had such a great weekend with my happy, little (but growing) family!  It was so nice to have Kevin here all weekend.  Friday he was off in decent time.  I think we did some shopping but I can't remember! It was too long ago. ha!  I honestly cannot remember for the life of me what went on last Friday.  wow....
Anyway! Saturday I attended a "Battle Buddies" brunch at church.  I made coffee cake (for the first time) and it was not good.  I pride myself on my baking but this I was not proud of.  I was quite embarrassed to take it but with only a few minutes before I had to get out the door, I cut the soft, moist pieces out of the middle of the pan, threw them on a plate and out the door I went.  Lauren came with me to church.  It was so nice to meet new people!  I have already "friended" a few on facebook and hopefully we can all hang out sometime. 
Kevin went golfing on post. I am glad that he was able to get out and do something that he enjoys as well.  He met us back home for lunch.  We warmed up some leftover lasagna and then all took a nice afternoon nap.  Later that night, Kevin and Lauren took me out to eat for Mother's Day (eve).  We went to a place called Little Apple Brewing Co. here in Manhattan.  It was so delicious! The steaks were quite pricey but they were certified angus beef.  Much better quality than Applebees!  I would say the prices of everything else were pretty comparable to any of the chain restaurants. 
I of course splurged on a steak. It was so scrumptious!!! I got veggies, mashed potatoes and salad bar with me meal.  I was in heaven!
After dinner, we did a little shopping at Target/Best Buy.  Kevin said I could pick out anything that I wanted for Mother's Day.  I of course wanted a new digital camera..but at $499 that was a little out of the question.  It was fun to play around with them though. 
I settled on a new toaster.  If anyone has ever been to our house, you know that we have the world's crappiest toaster.  No. Joke.  We bought a cheap (there was our problem) one a few months ago.  It is an Oster, 2 slice toaster, bagel settings, retractable cord, 6 temp settings.  See HERE to see what not to get!  It is awful! We can put it on the 2nd setting which should produce very light toast and it will come out black.  If we put it on the first setting then we get warm bread.  We have not even attempted anything higher than 2!!  We have had way too many sparks, black toast and smoke come out of that thing.  It was time to replace. 
I picked out a pretty, Black & Decker 4 slice toaster, chrome to match the rest of our small appliances. It was a good price but not too pricey ($39.99)..I went to the shelf to grab it, and they were all sold out!!  I couldn't believe it.  I was quite bummed.  We looked to see if they had it at Bed Bath and Beyond but they didn't.  I will have to go back another time to pick it up. 
Sunday morning, we got up bright and early for church.  I dressed Lauren up super cute in a dress, tights and sweater.  I just love it when she is girly!  After church, we went out for breakfast and I got a free slice of apple pie and a carnation from the restaurant.  We came home, Kevin gave me my gift of Victoria's Secret Heavenly perfume, lotion, and body wash. It came in a cute gold clutch too.  I love it.  It's one of my favorite perfumes and Kevin loves the smell too!
We again took a nap and then just played with Lauren and hung out all afternoon.  It was so fun to just be together all weekend and enjoy each other.  I love spending time with my little family. 
Sorry I don't have many pictures to post this time.  I had a bottle leak on our digital camera this weekend, and it spent most of the time drying out.  I hope it still works well enough to use.

0 comments: