CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Ok...so I do honestly believe my hubby has a "man crush" on Bobby Flay.  Seriously! If I could name things that my husband loves the most it would go. God, Family, Country, Minnesota Twins baseball and anything to do with Bobby Flay.  If Bobby says it's good then it's gotta be good.  If Bobby says "this is how to do it"..then that is the ONLY way to do it.  If Bobby says jump off a bridge...;-) I kid, I kid! I love Kevin, and I love his love for cooking too, and who else to be inspired by than a fellow redhead.  So in honor of my husband and this beautiful weather, I thought I'd share one of Kevin's favorite and simple Bobby Flay grilling recipes.

Grilled Ribeye Steak with Cilantro-Garlic Butter
_____________________________________


For the butter:
-8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter; slightly softened
-6 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
-1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
-Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine the butter, garlic, cilantro and 1 teaspoon lime juice in a food processor or with an electric mixer and process until smooth.  ( To do it by hand, finely chop the garlic and cilantro.  Let the butter get really soft then beat in the garlic, cilantro and lime juice with a large wooden spoon.) Season to taste with salt, pepper and any additional lime juice if needed.  *The butter can be made in advanced if needed.  Just wrap it in plastic wrap and it can be refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen up to a week.  Bring to room temp before using.*

For the Steaks:
-2 (16 oz) boneless ribeye steaks cut 2 inches thick ( Holy smokes, that's a big steak! This recipe is intended for 4, so if you would rather have 4  8oz steaks, then that would work just fine too!)
-Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Heat your grill to High
2. Season the steaks with salt and pepper.  Grill until lightly charred and crusty.  4 to 5 minutes.  Turn the steaks over, reduce the heat to medium or move to a cooler part of the grill.  Close the grill hood, and grill until medium rare; approx. 8 to 10 min.  ( I like mine medium to medium well..just a little pink and juicy so of course, Kevin adjusts the time a bit here)
3.  Remove the steaks to a cutting board and brush liberally on both sides with the butter.  Let set for 5 minutes, then enjoy! 
The butter recipe can serve up to 8 people..so grab some friends, grill some steaks and smother them with some yummy garlic cilantro butter! YUM yum yum yum yum.

I thought this was a very tasty steak! My husband loved it so much he made the above picture his profile picture on facebook last summer with the caption:  "My masterpiece courtesy of the brilliant Bobby Flay"... I kid you not :)

0 comments: