CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I lied...

Not intentionally.  I just didn't know today was going to be so insane.  I am not doing my "Tasty Tuesday" post. Not that anyone probably cares anyway (except my sister Stephanie..who surprisingly didn't text me to tell me I forgot this week!) Love you!
Last night was not fun.  Kevin had laser eye surgery yesterday, so he is pretty much blind and out of commission.  Lauren is teething..atleast I think it's teething. Orajel seems to calm her down. 
Kevin has to put re-wetting drops in his eyes every hour..so he set a little alarm to go off to wake him up like every hour or 2 last night.  Which meant it woke me up...and THEN..Lauren woke up screaming at 1:30am.  I gave her her pacifier and laid her back down, she slept til 2:30am and was screaming again...we had a leaky wet diaper, wet clothes, wet bed, wet everything ..and it was poopy.  No wonder she was screaming.  I had to clean her and her bed up..but she continued to scream. We put some orajel on her gums and she calmed down.  I made her a "bed" on our floor and laid her down there. That lasted a whole 2 minutes before she was up crawling around and playing. So I put her in between us and she finally fell asleep.  She woke up crying AGAIN..orajel once again..and she slept for about 45 min before she was up again... Bottle and orajel..and then finally sleep for 2 hours!! Then it was up again, screaming, mommy crying, daddy graciously trying to help out even though he couldn't see.  Poopy diaper..AGAIN..and then a fever.  yay. NOT. 
So..I fed Lauren and laid her in bed.  I just got back from Target.  I had to pick up some Tylenol since I had pitched mine from the recall.  Now I am just sitting in a dark room, somewhat relaxing before the chaos begins again.
I am happy my mom and brother are coming tomorrow to visit and help out.  I need a break, and a hug, and a shower too!

2 comments:

Julie S.

Oh my goodness, what a night you had! I hope it is just teething and that Lauren gets to feeling better.

Rebecca

Man, teething sucks!!! Cara used to get the most wicked diaper rashes ever when she was teething!!

Have you tried Motrin on her? Tylenol seems to do absolutly nothing for either of my kids. They both respond to Motrin much better, though.

I hope Lauren feels better soon!!