CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Brown Eyed Girl

Happy 8 months to my beautiful, busy, brown eyed girl!  Lauren we love you more than words can express.  You are going to be a great big sister!!

I plan on doing a photo shoot later this week, or weekend with Lauren.  Her allergies are acting up, so she is kind of snotty and crusty right now.  We bought an air purifier, saline solution and dug out the handy dandy booger sucker and she seems to be getting a lot better!! Her and I need to run some errands today and the pollen levels are very high, so let's hope that we don't trigger the allergies again.  They aren't bad enough that I think she needs antihistamines or anything. 
Lauren is just getting so grown up! Within the week she started pulling herself up and climbing over things.  One of the errands that we have to do today is run to Target and get the baby gate that we have been putting off until we absolutely needed it.  We need it now.  She can now crawl around our obstacles and over our road blocks.  It just stinks that the one that we need is $70! Why couldn't we just have normal size hallways!?
Lauren also can feed herself her fruit puffs and cheese/veggie puffs.  We have to break the cheese/veggie puffs in half.  They are like an inch long and she likes to shove 1 or sometimes 2 whole ones in at a time.  We are still working on her drinking by herself from the sippy cup.  She just will NOT hold it on her own.  If we hand it to her she just throws it on the floor or pounds it on her tray til there is water sprayed everywhere! If we hold it, then she gulps the water down.  She does well with the Nuby cups or with a cup without a stopper.  I cut the hole bigger in the Nuby cups so it was more like a cup and less like a bottle. She does so well with the faster flow.  Just makes for a bigger mess for me, but oh well..it's just water!!
Lauren only takes 3-4 bottles a day now.  I LOVE this! It allows me more time to chase after her! 
So pretty much my daugher is amazing but right now, she needs me! She is yanking on my shirt saying "come on mommy!"...well I pretend that's what she's saying..so I better go! It's getting close to naptime. 
Hope everyone has a great day. AND..   Thanks to Jill @ Merrick, Jill & Baby McLean for helping me figure out the new photo uploader!!

0 comments: