CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Beatiful Day, Beautiful Baby

Yesterday it was gorgeous here in Kansas!!  It was about 85 degrees, sunny with a nice breeze!  Storms were breaking out north and east of here but it managed to miss us.  I am so glad because I got wonderful day home with my two favorite people.  We started out the day by sleeping in.   Well, I didn't sleep in.  It's not something I can do very well anymore.  I have this internal clock that will not relax..ugh!  Lauren and Kevin both slept in until about 10:30am!  Lauren had woke up around 8am, had a bottle and was back down with her daddy at 9am.  It was nice to have time to get a few things done and just sit and relax.  I will admit that I did take a 20 minute power nap in there somewhere too!! We all got up and went grocery shopping.  Lauren was so good.  She sat in the cart like a big girl for over an hour without any fussing or complaints!   While we were at the store, a lady stopped next to us and asked Kevin how old Lauren was and we answered  7 months.  She then said "SHE'S HUGE!!"... I was kind of taken back.  I would never just say that to a stranger in the grocery store.  She's tall and yes, probably bigger than most kids her age but HUGE?..
Here is huge for ya' lady!!







I don't think this is HUGE..she's just adorable to me!!
Maybe I'm over reacting a bit...just maybe!

Anyway...we proceded to grocery shop, she continued to show off to all the bratty kids at how awesome she was, and the total on the bill was pleasantly a lot lower than I was expecting.  Gotta love the Army Commissary!! We spend about 30% less than we would at any other grocery store and no tax!!  ...so overall great morning!
We got home, put groceries away while Lauren napped.  Kevin made a quick trip to Target for diapers/wipes/sunscreen etc.  When we got home, Lauren and I were in our suits and ready to go outside!  It was absolutely beautiful out.  We had purchased a little pool for around $10 the night before.  We had filled it up earlier that day hoping the sun would warm up the water but it was still too chilly.  After daddy dumped a few buckets of warm water in, we were good to go.  She just loves the water!

Here is a cute video of our munchkin swimming around! 

After about 20-30 munutes we came back inside because her cheeks and shoulders were starting to get pink.  She was getting a  little hungry and sleepy too!  She came in and slept for a good hour, we had supper, went back outside to play with bubbles and then to bed! It was a great day! Lauren has been sleeping for 9 hours so far and I don't hear any moving around in her room..I think we wore her out! 



4 comments:

Rebecca

People were (and are) always commenting on how huge my kids are too :) It's just in our genes. Cara has pretty much always been in the top percentile for height and weight. Alex too....plus, Alex has a gigantic head. 98th percentile.
I love that my kids are big, though. I think it means they are healthy!!

Kristen

I think it means they are healthy too! I think what irked me was how she said it!! I could have said "your kid's ashrimp and can't talk because he's 2 and has his paci in his mouth!" ..but I didn't! LOL!!

Julie S.

Haha I would have felt the same way!

Jill

Sounds like she is such a great baby! I hope I'm that fortunate :)