CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Busy week ahead...

We have quite the busy week ahead of us! 
Today, Lauren and I are going to go to the store to pick up a few veggies for supper tonight.  Other than that we are just going to lounge and watch some cable tv!  It's so nice to have cable again, however, it was definately worth saving the money for over the last 3 months. We decided to not go for a digital package/hd/dvr.  We miss it dearly but we are saving about $50/month by going with just the basic extended package.  About 60 channels...and really they are the only channels we watch.  So no big deal.  I'm just happy to not be watching anymore trashy daytime shows on Fox. 
Next week, Kevin and I are attending a marriage retreat in Kansas City.  It is put on by the military.  It is a conference called Strong Bonds.  I think this will be a great experience for both of us and help us to grow in our relationship as husband and wife.  Of course that means we are going to have to spend some time apart from Lauren.  We are going to miss her but know she will be in good hands with my family in Illinois.  We are going to drive about 4 hours on Saturday and meet my mom and sister who will take Lauren back to their place.  Most likely there will be some spoiling going on.  She deserves it though, she won't be the only kid around for much longer. 
We will get home from our retreat later on Wednesday evening.  Thursday we have an FRG (Family Readiness Group) meeting on post, where we will plan our May BBQ and then Friday night we are going to a free concert at one of the hangars at the airfield on post.  We are going to see Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band.  We are both very aware of who Gary Sinise (Lt. Dan, CSI, Of Mice and Men) is...but we are not familiar with his music at all.  He is a huge supporter of the troops and frequently teams up with the USO for free concerts for the troops and their families.  I think we will have a blast. 
Saturday/Sunday we are heading back to Kansas City.  I have some things planned for Kevin's birthday.  His birthday isn't until May 27...It will be his 30th!  BUT things kinda fell into place, teams were going to be in town, and it's the thought that counts right?!! I will provide more details after that weekend. 
Sunday we will drive a few hours into Missourri and pick our munchkin back up.  I am going to miss her!  Right nowshe is snuggled up on my arm, watching me type and playing withvmy hair.  I just love times like this. 







1 comments:

nicki

Hi Kristen!
Just thought you might like to know that Gary Sinise married a woman from Pontiac I believe! Crazy world! I love reading your blog...you seem to have a wonderful family!