CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

It doesn't feel like a Sunday to me...

Does anyone ever just get in a rut where their days just mash together and you don't know what day it is?! That is how I feel lately.  I kept myself fairly busy running errands last week, along with Dr's appointments.  This weekend, however, has been BLAH!  Kevin is at a training that he has to complete before he can recieve his promotion to E-6. In the Army that is a Staff Sergeant.  We are thankful that he gets to do this training at Fort Riley, instead of traveling to Nebraska.  However, it is still 2 weeks straight, 15 hours a day or more including weekends.  This leaves us both exhausted.  The last 3 nights he has been home by 6pm.  I have tried to have supper ready.  I attempt to keep Lauren busy in her bouncer or her walker.  I learned very fast that it is not ideal to try and cook at the stove while having to hold Lauren back with one foot from getting any closer for fear of her getting hit with flying bacon grease!  So...bouncer it is during supper preparations.  Today, while cutting the chicken, I cut my finger.  On top of that, Lauren was in desperate need of some attention and a bottle.  So I bandaged up my finger and made a bottle.  The chicken would have to wait.  I managed to get her changed, and fed and happy again, just in time for Kevin to text me and say he was on his way home.  That gave me 20 minutes to get supper ready. I could do it! Afterall, I had already prepped it all before we took a bottle break.  I was trying a new recipe for stir fry that Kevin's Aunt Mandy had emailed me the other day.  I finished it with seconds to spare as I heard the garage door opening.  I know, I know...I didn't have to rush.  What is the big deal if I was still cooking when he walked in the door?! I just  want to do one nice thing for him since he had been up since 4am. I wanted a nice, warm meal ready for him when he walked in the door.  Even if that meant I sacrificed my shower for the day.  I'll take one tomorrow.  We're both so exhausted anyway ...and usually he is stinky too, so it evens out!  Anyways, what I am getting to is that without Kevin to spend time with on Saturday and Sunday, it doesn't feel like much of a weekend.  Just another day, but another day I get to snuggle and watch bad infomercials on the one channel we can pull in with our bunny ears!  Sounds like a perfect day to me. 

1 comments:

Melanie

Love it! You really have a way with words, Kristen! And I love your blog's look! So cute.