CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

6 months and updates!

Ahhh..time has flown by over the last few months. I can't believe that our little munchkin is 6 months old already.  She is so fun.  Her smile can brighten up a room.  She isn't much of a giggler but I have never seen a baby smile and be as happy as our baby girl is.  She is our everything! 
In the last month, Lauren has been through several road trips from Minnesota to Kansas, Kansas to Illinois and back to Kansas.  She is a trooper and does great with long road trips. We plan on keeping her at home for a while though... It's not fair or fun for her, no matter how well she does. 
When she was back in Illinois with my parents, Lauren had her 6 month pictures taken.  Laura Elliott is a photographer that my sister Kara and I went to high school with in Pontiac.  She takes great pictures!  Here are a few of our favorites.  There were so many great ones (147 to be exact!!) that I still have not chose which ones to get prints of.  I may end up just making a photobook of all of the pictures.  It would take me all day to upload them all, so here are just a few
Isn't she a doll!!  She is such a ham! We have so many silly pictures of her tongue sticking out or just being goofy!  To check out Laura's other work ...  check out her website http://www.lauraelliottphotography.com/

ok..UPDATES

* We have moved to Manhattan, KS.  Kevin is in the Army and is stationed at Fort Riley for atleast the next 3 years. 
*We live in a beautiful 3 bedroom/3 bathroom duplex off post.  I love all of the space! I love our finished basement, the laundry room, and our new furniture! (pictures coming soon)...we are still a little disorganized.
* I am staying home with Lauren until I find a job. I am loving every minute of it.  She is so fun and so happy!  We enjoy our walks together in this beautiful Kansas weather. 
*I haven't really met any friends yet, but hopefully that will change soon.  I am quite lonely right now, so feel free to call or email anytime! 

 Lauren UPDATES

*As mentioned earlier... she is now 6 months old. 
*She can sit up on her own and loves to reach and play with toys.
*She cut her first two bottom teeth..at the same time..on Sunday March 7th.  Our nights have been interesting to say the least.  It makes me sad to hear her cry :-(
*Lauren is so very close to crawling!  She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks but has not managed to go forward yet.  She can, however, scoot backwards on her hands and knees
*Lauren is now eating atleast 3 meals of solid foods a day.  I found out that if I mix cinnamon with her cereal then she gobbles it up!! She loves all fruits and vegetables except peaches.  She is a great eater, and with that..a great pooper....and they smell and I am terrible with smells! ugh!
*Lauren recieved an early easter present from Grandma Deb and Grandpa Jeff. She got a walker! She is ALL OVER THE PLACE!  We are in the process of finding a baby gate that fits our basement steps.  It is so wide that our normal baby gate does not fit...So we right now we just block it off with toys, footstools or whatever we can find.
*Last but not least, Lauren is excited to announce that she is going to be a big sister in September! Yes, 13 months apart! You must be thinking "She is crazy!!" ..yes, I am but it is going to be so fun!  Lauren will be a great big sister..I just know it! 

**I will keep everyone posted and try to update my blog more often..but that is all for now. I smell poop..gotta go... GAG!!


7 comments:

Jill

Congrats!!!How exciting!
Glad you are all moved. I talked to Kara Saturday night and she just loves that little girl so much, I love hearing about her.
She is so stinking cute, I love those pictures. Laura is doing our pictures too, maternity in April then the newborn, 6 months of our little guy once he arrives. I can't wait. I'll be looking forward to hearing your updates on this pregnancy as well.

Julie S.

Oh my goodness, I am so excited for you guys! Hope your second pregnancy is going well for you!

Kristen

Thanks girls!!
Jill- I can't wait to see your pictures!! They are going to be so cute, I am just sure of that!

Julie- I wish I could come up with stuff to update my blog as often as you! I love reading your blogs..Good job on the photography. I took a photography class in college and I just loved it!

Melanie

13 months apart is perfect! Mindy and I are 13 months apart too and we are BEST friends! I loved having her so close to me growing up. A lifelong friend...the most amazing gift I think my parents ever gave me! You are doing it right!

The Elliotts

Congrats Kristen! Hope you are feeling ok. Thanks for the sweet comments:) How wide of a gate are you looking for?? We had a couple areas where a normal gate didn't fit and so we had to order a couple online at walmart.com- they have free shipping to store and the shipping to home is usually only .97 This is one of the ones we have and really like it (it goes up to 48')
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Summer-Infant-Decorative-Tall-Gate/7941650 but here are a couple other options that go even wider (52 and 53') http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-Easy-Open-Baby-Gate/7812821 and http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-Baby-Extra-Wide-Hallway-Gate-White/8476753

The Elliotts

I just posted a comment and then it never showed up so sorry if this shows up twice.. congrats on baby #2, lauren is such a sweetie and she'll be a great big sister! hope you are feeling ok. thanks for the sweet comments about the pictures. i read that you were looking for a wide baby gate. not sure how wide you were looking for but we had the same problem and ended up ordering ours off walmart.com- they have free shipping to store and most of hte time the shipping to home was only .97. here is the one we got and really like it (it goes up to 48')http://www.walmart.com/ip/Summer-Infant-Decorative-Tall-Gate/7941650Here are a couple other options that go even wider (52 and 53) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-Easy-Open-Baby-Gate/7812821 and http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-Baby-Extra-Wide-Hallway-Gate-White/8476753

Julie S.

I wish I would have had maternity pictures taken the first go around- maybe with number 2...in a few years. :)

I ordered a gate from Target that we are going to use this summer at the airport to keep Brayden out of trouble there!