CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekly weigh-in ( a day late)

208lbs
Yes that is .4 higher than last Monday.  :-/
I woke up around 4am yesterday morning and just felt so bloated.  So much so I had to remove my wedding ring.  I text my cousin Annette and told her that I didn't want to weigh myself in fear of being extremely disappointed.  She agreed and we decided to wait until Tuesday to weigh in.  
Cue- back pain and cramps.  PMS has set in.  Does anyone else have major PMS?  I swear the older I get the worse it gets.  It starts with the bloating that seems to last 2 weeks.  Then a few days later I get major stomach pain.  Not cramps but a pain that is off an on for about 2 days which I am guessing is when I am actually ovulating.  Followed by lower back pain for a few days then around day 10 my period comes for anywhere between 4-7 days. 
I try not to get too discouraged but it sucks feeling like a big puff ball. 
On a good note, I had a Dr's appt last Friday and at 1pm, fully clothed, with shoes, and having just had lunch, the Dr's scale said  207.  My scale had said 204.6 that morning.  So that means my scale is pretty spot on with the Dr's scale.  ALSO when I had been there on August 3, the scale at the Dr said 222.  So that's a 15lb weight loss in 8 weeks.  1.8lbs a week! Not bad at all! 
My doctor had mentioned that she only wants me to lose 1/2lb to 1.lb a week.  It's going to take patience for me because of course I'm like anyone else and want to lose it all right now!  

I'll admit that last week and weekend was hectic and I only made it to the gym 2 times. 
Everyday is different and the fact of the matter is that this is life.  I'm not perfect. I have goals and I will reach them but there are some days when I mentally just need chill. 

We're going on a "eating out" freeze for a few weeks so I'm hoping that will show a difference in the scale too. (And wallet) 

How was your week? 

2 comments:

Annette

I didn't weigh in until today (Wednesday). I was 230.0. That's nearly 3.5 pounds higher than my last weigh-in. I expected it to be pretty bad, though, since from Friday through yesterday, I ate like a pig and didn't exercise. I need to get over my unmotivated, stressed out self and keep on track.

Bridget

You are doing great Kris! I hear ya on the PMS thing....I can gain up to like 7-8lbs from bloat when my period comes. Not gonna lie...it's awesome! :) Ha! I talked with my ob office and you can take calcium supplements to help with it. I haven't in a while....but supposedly it helps. You'd have to look online for the dose though.
Keep up the good work!