CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 12, 2012

Finding the motivation

There has been a lack of motivation on my part as far as the gym goes lately.  Kevin's been off a few days this week and the girls have been sleeping in much later (8am today & 9am yesterday).  This has totally thrown off my "rhythm"  I'm a very scheduled/punctual person and this is just totally throwing me off my game!  I feel like I have to completely replan my days now.  I was so used to them being up between 7-7:30, getting time for getting ready, breakfast, doing hair and a little chill time before we had to be on our way by 8:45.  With them waking up later, I'm not quite ready and I miss the class that I want to take. 
Also, I think once in a while maybe God is just saying "Slow down, child.  It's okay to have a week of nothing"  I think it's good for the soul and mind. 

While my motivation has been slacking in the exercise department, it hasn't in budgeting.  I have spent 2 days (and nights)  budgeting and see what we can put extra towards our debt.  It makes me sick to my stomach what we were spending eating out in a month.  I'm not even going to say because it's embarrassing and the reality check was that we didn't think we did it "THAT" much..but after spending a week at home cooking all 3 meals a day, we realized we DID eat out THAT much! 
We're going to allow ourselves as a family $100/month for eating out/recreation.  When it's gone, it's gone.  This should help our wallet and waist! 
I'm so extremely nervous though.  We've never put such tight reigns on our budget.  I suppose that's the reason we are in debt in the first place.  Most of our debt is my student loans and a few student loans that the Army didn't pay of Kevin's and one small(ish) credit card balance and our Expedition.  If we'd continue to pay our current payments, not apply any extra and not snowball, it would take us until 2014 to pay it all off and spend around $11,000 in interest alone!  If we stick to our budget, apply a few hundred extra to our debt and snowball it, we should have it paid off in less than 4 years and save ourselves around $6300 in interest. 
I think now is as good of a time as any to do this.  We don't really know anyone so turning down plans won't be hard, or the opportunity won't come very often.  Our kids are young and rambunctious, so honestly we'd rather avoid going out to eat with them as much as possible. 

So that's what I've been up to.  I should get going, it's PAYDAY! Time to pay bills.  Sigh...


1 comments:

Rebecca

It is so difficult to figure out a decent budget! I have figured out a good route around my neighborhood that is about 3.5 miles from start to finish and I push Alex in the stroller (sometimes I jog it), two or three times a week. It sucks with all the hills in my neighborhood, but it is cheaper than a gym :)