CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

23 weeks & occupational mishaps!!!!



Good morning! I know how everyone just loves my self portraits..so here is one more for the collection! :) ( I promise soon to have some that I haven't taken of myself in a mirror with my phone!..but it's become a joke now with my sister so I will probably continue to take them of myself. There will be others though. I PROMISE!)
I could not sleep, (imagine that) so I decided to get online and update everyone. Today I am 23 weeks along. I am feeling great! I feel the baby move all the time. It is such an amazing feeling. I am however having a really hard time getting comfortable when it's time for bed. I have been sleeping on the couch the last two nights and it really seems to help but I miss Kevin :( .
On a different note, I had an accident at work yesterday with some scalding hot water from one of our steam sterlizers. We were super busy and I had to empty a resevoir of hot water. Usually it is cooled off by the time we get to it but yesterday was just one of those days. I lifted up the bucket (like I have done a million times before)..and then it slipped out of my hands and onto the floor. It then splashed up out of the bucket and onto my left thigh and arm. I yelped immediately and started crying. It hurt so bad. I ended up going to the Dr. I have mild 2nd degree burns on my thigh that cover a portion from my knee to mid thigh about 5-6 inches wide My arm just has little splashes of a minor burn. I have to apply an antibiotic burn cream on my leg and keep it wrapped. I will go back to the dr. in one week to have it evaluated. The dr. seemed optimistic and was happy to see that it wasn't any worse that what he had imagined when my employer had called over to let them know I was on my way. At the time of the accident, it was very red and very painful. Now mild blisters have formed. The cream and gauze do help, but when it has any contact with anything it hurts. I am just very thankful that it didn't get my hands ( I would not be able to work) or my face. I am not looking forward to showering before work this morning. Just nervous about how water hitting it will feel. OUCH!
Hopefully I can update with some better news as the week progresses!
Love,
Kristen

2 comments:

Rebecca

Ouch!!! You will find that things like this happen more and more the more pregnant you get. It's annoying. Your brain will start to go soon too. That really super annoying! I love your pictures. They are just so cute! I can't wait for the next one :)

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥

Oh Kristen!!!! OUCH! I hope it heals fast!!! I am glad your hands and arms didn't burn!