CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In 210.2

So today is my first Monday weigh-in.  I have to say already that I like it better than Friday weigh-ins even if my weekend habits weren't exactly the best.  This week I made it to the gym on 4/7 days.  I am happy with that. 

On Friday I made a huge accomplishment (for me)  and ran a mile without stopping.  This may not seem like a lot to some of you but when I started back in June, I could only run 30 seconds at a time before having to walk.  So, running for 13 min 30 seconds was HUGE for me.  It was more of a jog but still I did not walk.  I woke up yesterday morning, however, with the worst knee pain.  I could bend my knee but extending it back out was very painful.  It was weird because I was fine on Saturday and then Sunday morning is when it began hurting.  I am wondering if I just over stressed my knees because they weren't used to running that long. 

See, I have slowly worked my way up to that long but not at a gradual pace.  Before I ran the full 13:30 the most I had done was 7 minutes.  Maybe my knees were just shot, maybe I need new shoes, or maybe I need to work on my stride and how my feet push off.  Kevin's already corrected me on that and when I push off correctly it feels good but I can't keep it going for very long without getting shin splits and I feel like I'm running on my tippy toes. 

I went to the gym yesterday and tried to run again and after about 4 minutes my knee was done for.  I still did intervals of walking/running and finished the mile in 15 minutes which wasn't bad for stopping 3 times to walk.  After that I did a 5.5mile bike ride and called it a day.  I could barely get down the stairs to leave the gym and stepping up into the Expedition was not fun! 
I took some Ibuprofen last night and called it a day. 

This week my goals are to find other ways to get my heart rate going without straining my knee.  I am doing to do more elliptical and bike, and maybe take a stab at the row machine. 

I am also going to try to do THIS  arm challenge via Skinny Ms. Fitness.  Who is with me?? 

Starting weight:  222
Today's weight:  210.2
Total lost:           11.8
Goal               :   170
Need to lose    :   40.2

4 comments:

Annette

Congratulations on your hard work!!! Hope your knee gets better, though. I started this whole deal at 235. 6 and am now down to 233.0, even with our weird weekend. Yay! :)

Kristen

Awesome job, Annette! Keep it up! I will continue to message you on Facebook too! We need to exchange phone numbers so we can text each other too! :)

Annette

Yes! Definitely! :) It is much easier for me to get texts than FB messages right now because I have a craptastic phone!

Kristen

Me too! For some reason ever since Facebook updated on my phone, it won't even open. I will send you a message though with my phone number!