CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 10, 2012

Selectively Lazy

I have been slacking off greatly with this blog lately and honestly I am just not into it as much as I used to be when Lauren was a baby.  My life has been much busier with two toddlers and quite frankly I enjoy my time just loafing on the couch when I do have some free time.  So to say that I have been "selectively lazy" with certain things in my life would be a true statement.  Also, I feel like 95% of my readers are already friends with me on Facebook.  Therefore, they've already seen the pictures, status updates, and funny quotes from the kids.  I feel redundant when I come on here and writing once again about what we've been up to. 

As far as my weight loss, it's has it's ups and downs.  It's different not having the "in person" accountability during my first weight loss journey last year.  Also, my cousin Annette who is also my accountability partner is my facebook friend and we message back and forth on there.  She has requested though that I keep up my blog as well and I am going to try my best to do so!!  Another change I am making is what day of the week I will have be my weigh in.  I have been blogging my weigh-ins on Fridays but that just isn't working for me.  I feel like I work really well Monday-Thursday and then weigh in on Friday and let loose on the weekend, then what happens is I gain 1-2+lbs back over the weekend and come Monday morning I am disappointed because I have to lose that weight PLUS the 1-2lbs a week that I am wanting to lose for my goal that week anyway.  So Fridays are no more and Mondays will be my new weigh-in day.  It's when I weighed in last year and it worked well for me.  I love starting out the week with a bang and a goal to work for and I feel like this will help me stay more on track on the weekends as well.

Food:  Oh Food.  I have come to realize that I have a very bad relationship with food.  I LOVE food.  I swear if I didn't love food so much, I'd have lost 3x the amount of weight.  My goals from now on are to eat to survive.  Right now, I eat out of boredom, eat to celebrate, eat when I'm stressed, etc.  You get the picture. This is especially true on the weekends when Kevin is home, because he loves food more than me!  The thing with him though is that he workouts out everyday at work and it doesn't affect him as much as it does me. 

SO today, I am starting fresh.  I am going to be 100% honest on here from now on and I plan to use this as my journal to vent my frustrations as well along this journey.

Today's weight:  212lbs
Starting weight:  222lbs
Last weeks weight:  210.2 (up 1.8)

Total weight loss to date:  10lbs

Goal:  52lbs (170lbs)

Just to put it into perspective. If I could lose 52lbs total this time around that would put my weight at 170lbs.  That would be 100lbs lost since the day I had Kaelin.  100lbs!!!!  How amazing would that be!  So 42 more lbs to go! Let's do this. 

These are my pictures from last years weight loss journey and I plan to take more this time around. 



  November 2010: 250lbs (Down 20lbs post partum) 

March:  2011  225lbs

May 2011:  210lbs  Approx where I am right now.







1 comments:

Annette

Goooooooo Kristen go (clap clap clap)! I thought you needed a cheer there. :) We can do this weight loss thing. We've done it before, and we'll do it again. My goal weight is 180-190 lbs. I'm not going to lie--I'm at 234 right now. That's where I was right before giving birth. Blah! Pure laziness got me from 213 lbs post-partum to where I am now. Before getting pregnant, I was down to 194.2 lbs. I WILL get there again. I, like you, love food a little too much, but I'm working on it. :)

Thanks for updating, although please do not feel that you HAVE to for me. I just enjoy reading, but if you post on FB, too, that's fine! I don't want to force you to do anything you don't want to do just for me.