CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Kaelin's 2nd Birthday

We started out the day with our tradition birthday doughnut!  She was so excited!  We found an awesome locally owned donut shop about 10 minutes from here and it is so much more delicious and WAY cheaper than our favorite place in Kansas!  We have yet to get there though when they have their Maple/Bacon bars out.  They are out every time! Bummer!

 
She wasn't much for vocalizing what she wanted for her birthday this year except for "chocolate cake"  That's all she would ever answer when asked what she wanted for her birthday or what she wanted on her cake.."just chocolate" .  That was until the day before her birthday.  She decided she wanted a Minnie Mouse cake.  We searched for a pre-made one at the Walmart bakery but no luck.  We settled on a two layered chocolate-chocolate fudge cake and I added the Minnie Mouse ears that I made out of cardstock and just taped to a popsicle stick.  It was perfect and she loved it.  We used what we had for decorations and it turned out really cute!  Just goes to show you don't need to spend ANY money on decorations. Besides the 97cents on the balloons and 97 cent (2pack) table cloth, I didn't spend anything else on decor. I used what we had to make banners and what not.  I think so many people get caught up in spending a ton of money on their decorations and popularity contest to show who had the best party.  All I care about on their big day is that they know it's special and they are loved.  I'd rather put that money towards presents!











They day was laid back and just perfect because they 4 of us were together.  She loved all over her toys.  Her favorites were her bubble machine (which they still play with daily) and her princess horse and carriage.  I can't believe that my little bug is already 2 and still growing.  She keeps us on our toes and is seriously a hilarious kid.  Her sound effects and voices that she uses are just too funny.  She is just full of personality and is a wild child but is the best snuggler ever!  We love you, Kaelin Deborah! 

1 comments:

Bridget

So cute and perfect Kris! I love how you talked about spending little on decor and focusing more on the birthday girl and letting them know how special and loved they are! I made most of our decor for Abbies so I didn't spend much and it was all about her favorite things...so I couldn't agree more! Love the birthday donut idea. I've been wanting to have a special birthday plate but haven't found the perfect on yet. Great job on your weightloss too. You are looking great!