CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My weakness...

Do you all have a weakness for a certain food?  Ya'll have heard me say before that I LOVE food but there is one food in particular that I absolutely LOVE.  For some people (ahem my husband..)  that food is ice cream or pizza but for me it is DOUGHNUTS.
  Yummy, delicious, homemade doughnuts.  Not just any doughnuts.  I mean really good doughnuts.  Oh and I have been known to down a bag of Hostess Donettes too in my pregnancy days. 
Don't get me Walmart or Kroger donuts.  Get me fresh, homemade, sweet, salty, crispy warm donuts.  I would take a warm Krispy Kreme or three too! 

I think my obsession started at this place!
photo credit
Pfaff's Bakery in Pontiac, IL
Looking at the picture, I can almost taste my chocolate long john. Oh but my favorite was the "ZIT"  If you've been there, you know the amazingness of the Zit.  Yes, it is called a zit and yes it was cream filled and no amazingness is not a word but it was full of amazingness.  Just sayin'   Pair that with a Prairie Farms Orange "juice" drink and I was in heaven. 

Fast forward to 2011.  Living in Kansas and the only place to get decent doughnuts was Casey's.  We tried every grocery store in town, nothing was fresh or yummy.  That was until Varsity Donuts opened in downtown Aggieville.  Then this puppy completely changed my life!  Yes that is bacon on that donut.  (Donut or doughnut?..I'm getting lazy so it's donut from now on)
ANYWAYS.  It looks strange and weird but OMG ahhhhhh the angels are singing.  It's so delicious, and  rich.  One is plenty or you will need to be wheeled out of there. 

 

photo creditNow living in Washington, you can bet we've already found our favorite donut shop.  It is local and fresh homemade rolls daily and CHEAP!  WAAAYY cheaper than Varsity Donuts, which is always a plus.  The cake donuts at our new favorite shop are to die for.  Can you tell I like am obsessed with donuts?  It's probably why my butt is so big.  The end.