CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 14, 2011

Homecoming: Part Four

So I figured I'd better get to Part 4 for a few reasons...
1.  I have been told to hurry up and that I'm leaving you all hanging! Ha!!
and 2.  I figured it'd be rude for me to leave you hanging even longer tomorrow and make you read "Tasty Tuesday" instead. 
SOOO..because I love you all so much.
Here are some pictures of us being reunited with Kevin.The commander came in.  We were praying that there wouldn't be a long speech.  We were all like hungry lions staring down our meat! haha.  Another 20 minute speech is NOT what we wanted to wait through.  Praise God, when it came time for them to all come in, the commander said "Dismiss" and that was it.  Our soldiers were free to come find us. 

Thankfully because I was in the front row, and off to the side a bit. Kevin saw me when he was standing in formation. 

You can see in the corner of this picture, my hand is waving. 
Do you see Kevin?  He's is directly above the word "IS"
There is a short little guy lagging a bit behind him!
He's the tall one! 
This was me the first site of him. 
AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" was blaring over the speakers and I'm pretty sure I was jumping up and down to the beat. 
Waving my dork flag..but hey, I was EXCITED!!

Here he comes!!

He sees me! Look at that smile!!

Finally reunited. 

We hugged for what seemed like forever and I loved it! 
Words of I love you said to each other, tears running down my face. 

Ahh sweet kisses! 


Hugs again..It is such an amazing feeling to have him back in my arms!

Lauren and Daddy

Daddy & both of his girls.

First attempt at  a family photo..let's play "where's Kaelin?" hahaha! WOOPS!

Take 2...

Take 3..the best it was going to get.  Look at Kaelin just staring at him! 


We couldn't be happier to have Kevin home with us.
I can't believe it has already been a week!  
I will continue to keep you updated on our adjustments and reintegration as a family of 4! 
Until then...
PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!

It is truly a blessing to have Kevin as my husband and father to my children. 
Dear Lord, Thank you for laying your hands on Kevin and protecting him during this time of turmoil and bringing him home to us safely. 
             Amen. 


 

 

4 comments:

Bridget

Love! and also tears :) So excited for you friend! This is beautiful!

Jill

Thank you for posting this! Brings tears to my eyes too! I can't imagine the relief you feel with your family back together. God is GOOD!

Corrina Dea

This warms my heart...what a wonderful Thanksgiving you will all have!

Erica Smith

Soaked in every word and picture! Beautiful documentation of one of your biggest, most exciting days yet! The blog looks great, too! :)