CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 17, 2011

Weighloss Update

I know it's been FOREVER since I blogged about my weight loss. I promise you I didn't give up on it. In fact, I reached my 50lb goal about a month ago!! Woohooo!!  I am now down to 195.  That is 55lbs since Nov. 15, 2010 and 75lbs since Sept. 13, 2010. 
I couldn't have done it without the support of my family and friends.  Especially my family for being always willing to watch the girls so I could go  to the gym.  Since I've moved back to Kansas, the progress has slowed down.. I have to rely more on healthier eating than the exercise.  I don't want my progress to stop just because I hit my goal for the year.  I am going to try and continue to live a healthier and more active lifestyle.  With that in mind, the pounds should continue to drop.  My ideal weight that I would feel great at would be about 175lb. I haven't seen that number since high school.  I haven't even seen 195lb on the scale in 6 years, so I'm super excited. 

I'm sorry I dont have any recent pictures.  I don't have a full length mirror here in Kansas. I will try and figure something out though.   The last pictures I took were at the beginning of my Beachbody Challenge.  My weight was 203lbs.







picture just to show the difference in my face from last year to this year.....


I am kind of at an awkward stage right now, despite the weight loss. I don't feel very toned and even though I have lost weight, I am between sizes in clothes which makes it super frustrating when shopping. I am going to keep things up and maybe I'll have more progress to blog about in the future!!  Thanks to all of my readers whose kind words of encouragement have kept me going as well!!

6 comments:

Bridget

You look wonderful Kristen. Although looking at your pictures from before I really thought you looked beautiful then as well. Congratulations on your hard work! As I too try to get off my last few preggo pounds (only 5.5 more to go...wahoo!!....I think the biggest struggle is finding comfort in yourself and focusing more on a healthy lifestyle instead of a achieving the look of a photoshopped magazine cover. At least for me anyway :) Love you lots and so proud of you! BTW...I tried the spaghetti squash with marina....we loved it!

Christine Pettijohn

You are looking good! Keep up the good work!

Annette Fairchild

Awesome, awesome, awesome! So proud of you! :) You look great. I am hoping to get my motivation back and lose this baby weight. I was exactly where you are, at 195 pounds, before I got pregnant. I only have approximately 15 pounds to lose to get back there, so pray that I can get back on track to eating right and exercising. My goal weight is the same as yours, too! :) Good luck with the rest of your healthier lifestyle journey!

Corrina Dea

Way to go Kristen!!! Weight loss for a mom is so tough....eventhough we run around all day after our little ones it doesn't do the trick. I'm having a challenge myself to find ways to get some exercise when I don't have a babysitter or family close by for my kiddos. I've been working on using an old 1980's 29-minute workout VHS tape and using the Wii fit for yoga and muscle work outs...I've lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks so I guess every little helps....way to go for you though...keep it up!

Rebecca

Yay Kristen!! Losing weight is just so difficult, and even more so when you can't make it to the gym. You are doing a fabulous job!!!!!

Lindsey

Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work, you look BEAUTIFUL!