CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hey lady, get out of my face!

All I wanted was an uneventful trip to the grocery store. Isn't that what any mom of a toddler wants..let alone two toddlers.
So last Friday, the girls and I went to the commissary for our weekly grocery trip.  We arrived and the building is under renovation/construction so I was thrown for loop when I had to use another entrance and begin my shopping on the opposite side of the store... anyways..back to my story.  Within the first 5 minutes of being there, this old asian lady walked up and while invading their personal space, leaned into the girls saying...no yelling.."OH YOU SO BEAUTIFUL, SO BEAUTIFUL".  I can handle that. I said thank you and continued on our way.  She kept walking beside us though and kept repeating it and then started asking their names.  I kindly answered, grabbed my lunch meat and carried on.  She followed.  By this point both girls are cowering.  Then she gets in their faces again to tell them how pretty they are.  While I don't have an issue with that in itself, my issue was with her literally almost being nose to nose with them.  Kaelin now begins screaming and flailing around in the cart.  She wants out and away from this lady, pronto.  I was about to turn the cart around and get out of there when the old lady began scolding me saying "You need to take your girls out more often"..I replied "we get together with friends and go to the parks, almost everyday." ...her answer back to me was "No, they not good with people, not social, you need to get them out more"......Umm thanks. They are One and Two for goodness sake.  They have me 24/7 and I do my best to make them well rounded. Sure, they are skiddish around new people and new things and most of the time cry if I drop them off at a daycare/nursery. 
I just wish at that point one of them could talk well enough to say "Hey lady, get out of my face!" ..it sure was what I was thinking... the rest of the trip was spent with me bribing with treats and evening opening a bag of goldfish off the shelf to just keep them happy.  So much for uneventful grocery trip!

1 comments:

Julie S.

Wow, talk about frustrating! Just because your kiddos got a little skidding around a lady who was TOTALLY in their personal space doesn't mean they aren't social. Ugh. Some people. Hope that doesn't happen again to you!