CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 13, 2010

Weight loss update...

Update:  I promise I have not been avoiding this post!  If you have noticed, each Monday, I have been updating my weight loss on the ticker to the right of this column.  I just didn't feel the need to write EVERY single Monday.  There wasn't much to write about for a weekly post.  So from now on I will write a post once a month and update weekly on the ticker.  Things have been going pretty well.  I have just cut down my portions and started exercising at a gym.  I am really enjoying Zumba and just started a cardio kick boxing class.  I am catching on pretty quickly to the Zumba, and the kick boxing will take a few more times to get it down.  I have been walking on the treadmill and doing the ellyptical as well.  I have a love/hate relationship with the ellyptical. I love it because it's less straining on my knees but hate it because, boy does it burn!  Last night I did a 20 minute hill workout with resistance ranging from 1-10.  5 minutes in I thought I was going to fall off the machine..but I kept on going.  10 minutes in, same thing..just kept going.  5 minutes left to go..I had to stop and take a breather for about 10 seconds, almost quitting for good...but I didn't and I am so happy that I didn't now :) Now, if I can only get the courage to do it again! lol!

So what you all have been waiting for:

Starting weight:  11/15/2010     250lbs
Current weight:  12/13/2010     241.6 lbs
Total weight loss to date:  8.4lbs!

My biggest struggle?  Not constantly weighing myself.  I am working on only weighing myself once a week.  It's so hard.  Everytime I go to the bathroom I want to step on the scale and I need to STOP!  It's so disappointing to gain here, lose here, water weight..etc.
So I know this much at a time likely won't keep up.  But, I am going to keep up what I am doing, and 50 lbs in a year is a definite goal that I can reach!!

0 comments: