CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One month down

WOOOHOOO!! Today marks one month since Kevin left for Iraq.  There have been ups and downs but we are all doing great.  It helps that we get to talk to him almost everyday via MSN messenger, Skype or phone calls.  I think it definitely helps my sanity to be able to talk to him.  I don't know if it will always be like this, but for now, I will take what I can get and be perfectly happy with it.  Everyone says the first two weeks are the hardest. I would have to agree. Adjusting to him not coming home at night, crying every time Lauren would say dadda, crying myself to sleep.  Things are slowly getting easier.  My heart still hurts because I want him here but my head knows there is nothing I could do that would bring him here right now.  I can't remember the last time I sobbed...that's a good thing right?  I still tear up every so often when I see things like families picking out their Christmas tree, or decorating or sledding.  I think this is all perfectly normal to feel this way.  At least that is what Kevin is telling me.  He is my biggest encourager.  I couldn't do this without him, and ironically I wouldn't be in the situation without him.  God sure knew what he was doing when he brought us together.  We are made for each other.  I'm the storm, he's the calm..and it all works out in the end.
So, yes, one month down, and 11 more to go.  I do get to see him mid tour sometime, so it's nice to break up the entire 12 months. 
Please continue to pray for his safety and well being, as well as the other soldiers overseas in all areas of the world.

1 comments:

Julie S.

You are so incredibly strong. Know of my prayers for you and your family, and of course, your hubby.