CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wow, I am a slacker!!

I have been MIA for a while.  Between computer issues, phone/internet issues, traveling, packing, Dr's appts, lab tests, and now traveling more..I haven't had much time to update. 
As we speak, we are on our way to Minnesota to visit Kevin's family.  It's a 12 hour drive.  We split it up and stopped last night in Minneapolis because we were beat!  Yesterday morning, Lauren woke up at 4:30 and Kevin was up for the day for work.   By midnight we were so tired, we had to stop!
So, here we are, almost 8am and I am finally in an area with decent cell phone coverage (unlike my house)..so I will update a little bit on the last few weeks.

Mid June- I had a check up with the OB/GYN.  My blood pressure was still elevated.  She told me at that appointment that she probably wouldn't let me go full term because of it.  If I don't go on my own before 39 weeks, then she would induce.

June 13-20.  Lauren took her first train trip to Illinois!  It was so nice.  She did really well.  On the way there, they never sat anyone next to us, so Lauren was able to stand up and look out the windows.  She had a blast!
We traveled to Illinois to meet up with my family for our Family Reunion.  It was in the Quad Cities this year.  My mom was in charge and she did a great job!  She had a lot of fun activities and planned a great meal at Johnny's Italian Steakhouse! 

June 21- My 26th Birthday.  My mom got me a beautiful framed piece of art.  It goes with the Americana theme in my living room!  Kevin got me an Alison Krauss Cd and made me a video with pictures of Lauren and I since she was born.  Needless to say...I cried.  It was so special.

Fast forward to this week...Monday.  Kevin was off and we just spent the day relaxing, swimming and somewhat packing.

Tuesday I spent most of the day packing/cleaning/organizing/doing laundry. 

And yesterday...I had my 29 week check with my OB/GYN.  I had lost 1.5 lbs which is not a bad thing..it's actually probably a good thing since I gained 8lbs last time (GASP!!!) I know! I am a fatty!! I couldn't believe it.  I about fell off the scale. The Dr. seemed to think it was a lot of water weight because of the 100 degree temps..but I didn't tell her I hate the whole pan of scotheroos the week Kevin was gone.  My blood pressure was actually back to normal yesterday, so that is a good thing!  I passed my glucose test but they said I am anemic now..so I now have to take Iron pills. The Dr said I am measuring 33 weeks. I felt like I was huge.  I guess the ultrasound about a month ago was normal, so they aren't going to change my due date.  Darn..  I also found out that my dr is leaving at the end of July.  So once again, right at the end of my pregnancy I have to find and choose another DR! Super frustrating!

Ok..So that should have updated you on what is going on so far.  I hope everyone is having a great week.  I will try and update while on our vacation!
 

1 comments:

Julie S.

Wow, you have been busy! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and quickly so that you can meet your newest addition!

Could Lauren get any cuter? Seriously.