CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

In a rut...

I am kind of in a rut right now.  I can't think of anything to blog, nor can I find the time or ambition to do it.  I hope this passes.  I feel like I have a lot of stuff that I need to clean, organize and get ready for baby #2 before I spend time on the computer.  I am having a hard time trying to figure out how I am going to manage 2 kids, 1 year and a new born. 
I hate messes.  I get stressed when things are messy.  I stress myself out more now by picking up Lauren's toys everytime she naps.  I know I should just leave it and not worry about it..but that's just not me.  I think instead of stressing about it, that it is time to move everything down to the basement playroom.  She has plenty of space, toys, playset with slide and swing, and I have my craft table.  Plus, I don't have to see the mess in my living room.  Yes, i think that is what I am going to do from now. It's also cooler down there! 
Ok....now I have to find the ambition to pick up her toys and move them downstairs.....here I go......eehhhhhhhh.....

1 comments:

Bridget

Oh Kris! I miss you! I wish I could be there to give you a break and help you organize it :)
I find at many times when I feel at my wits end with life, busyness etc....(is that how you spell busy-ness??) that it's because I'm trying to do it out of my own strength and not God's. Trust Him. He'll never give you more than you can handle. Trust Him in the small things too. Maybe you can get rid of some of the toys she doesn't play with very often to help you keep your sanity. I know there is always the argument that the next baby might play with them, but if I know your parents...neither of their grandchildren will ever go without toys and necessities! Start small...give yourself like an hour a day to start the process of moving things and organizing and by the end of a week you'll have worked on it for 7 hours! Even if you don't get around to it never forget that your worth isn't in how clean or dirty your house is, or how you got mad at Kevin for something and now feel like a horrible person for doing so, or even in the fact that right now you are scared about having to take care of two children.....your worth is in God. He knew you before "you" technically even existed and why? Because he loves you! Psalm 139 has been one of my favorites lately...here are some of the verses from it...

Psalm 139

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

Love you lots!