CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer, sweat, softball, sweetness, stupid car.

SSSSSSSSSSS....is for Sizzlin' hot! My goodness, the heat in Kansas is insane.  The heat, along with humidity has had temperatures in the 110 range for about a week now.  It is not fun.  I shouldn't complain.  I get to stay inside all day if I do so chose. Kevin, however, is up every morning at 4:45am and out the door by 5:15am to be on post for PT.  It usually is still in the mid 80's that early!  I don't know how they do it.  I sweat walking from my car to the grocery store and back.  It's no fun carrying a 25lb Lauren and then an extra 30lbs in my belly.  Blah~!
Our week started out with Kevin gone Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.  They have been doing a lot of  live fire trainings to prepare for a possible deployment to Iraq in November.  I say possible, because we have not received official orders yet, and anyone who knows the Army or any branch of the military knows that things change all of the time. Deep in our gut and my sad heart, I know with all of the meetings we have had lately, that it is most likely inevitable. One year..wow.  I know I will not be the first person to go through this.  I hope reading this, makes some of my readers understand maybe a glimpse of the anxiety that I was dealing with in my last post.  2 kids, 1 and a newborn, is a lot of work in itself.  What some of you might not have realized is that  we (me and Lauren), are home alone...a lot.  Every weekday for atleast 12-14 hours day, sometimes longer.  Sometimes, he's gone for days.  I wasn't trying to get a pity party. I am still not trying to. Just wanted you to know my perspective.   I know a lot of woman do well with many young children.  I know a lot of them also have family near by, and spouses that can work from home.  That is not our case.  I think one who would understand the most what I am dealing with is Becky (Kevin's cousin).  I am kind of her copy cat.  :) :) :)  2 kids, in 2 years, military, and she dealt with a deployment shortly after the birth of her son Alex.  She is stationed in Germany too! I don't know how she does it.  I really appreciate all of her support and advice, she has been a great friend to me! 
So stay tuned, for more updates on the deployment and what are plans are for the next year to come.  There might not be an update for a while, we are at the mercy of information from the Army  :) It may be a little while, and that's because we just don't know anything for sure yet.

Wednesday ended with a Dr's appt.  Kevin was gone still, so I had to take Lauren to hourly daycare on post.  My doctor was running about 90 min. behind.  So frustrating.  After being there for an hour, they asked if I would be willing to see one of the male ob/gyn.  I didn't care.  My doctor was leaving at the end of the month, so she wasn't going to be my doctor much longer anyway.  So, I saw this crazy man!  Wow, he was kind of a spaz.  He talked a million words a minute.  I had a hard time keeping up with him, and I am known to talk a persons ear off!  I liked him though.  He agreed with everything my previous doctor had recommended for me and the baby.  My blood pressure is still high.  Not high enough to be pre-eclampsia but high enough since the beginning to be considered pregnancy induced chronic hypertension.  Starting the first week of August, I have to go to the hospital TWICE A WEEK (ugh) to be hooked up to the machine to monitor the baby's heart rate and my contractions.  If things are ok from weeks 34 to 39 then we will just schedule and induction between 39/40 weeks.  The dr's do not want me to go more than 40 weeks.  If there are not good results during one of the NST's or my blood pressure would get worse, then obviously emergency induction would be the case.  Please keep us in your prayers. 

Sweetness....I have been working on Lauren's birthday invites/announcements.  My sister Kara, bought this cute onesie for Lauren a few months back for her to wear for her first birthday.  I decided to run with the theme.  Hobby Lobby had scrapbook paper 50% off, so I constructed my template and began to cut out a whole bunch of polka dot ones.  I am very happy with how they turned out.  Now I just have to find a day, when the temps are not so hot that I can do a photo shoot with Lauren outside. 
I plan on sending a birthday announcement out to all family and some friends.  I wanted to send everyone an updated picture.  With my family in Illinois and Kevin's in Minnesota.  The chance of people actually traveling to Kansas for Lauren's birthday is pretty slim.  However, it's a big event for Kevin and I as much as it is Lauren.  We are so excited for our little girl, and we want everyone to feel included even though we are states away.  She deserves all of the fun, and love and  presents because she won't be daddy's only little girl for much longer!! 

Softball....Wednesday and Thursday night were spent at the softball fields on post.  Luckily the games have been later in the evening so the temps cooled down enough ( in the low 90's HA!) to be bearable.  It's so cute when Lauren recognizes her daddy through the fence. She will point and yell.  I just love it.  Here is a picture of Lauren clapping for her daddy when he made a base hit.  She gets really excited when she hears other people clap and she joins in.  How precious!! She loves her daddy so much!!




Ok we are going to end this post with Stupid car....My old grand am over heated on Kevin on the way to work yesterday.  Bummer!!  We have been dealing with the same issue for years with this dumb car.  Kevin had a guy at work look at it, and he thinks it's the thermometer.  Funny, with the thousands of dollars spent fixing this car in the last few years, that is the only thing that has not been replaced, and it only costs about $11 and we also have one in the trunk of the car.  We bought it last summer when we were having issues.  So please pray that this simple fix is all we need.  We just need this car to last atleast til his deployment.  Then we can let her rest in peace :) Prayers please!!

So today's post was brought to you by the letter "S"  ...  haha!  I have been watching a lot of Sesame Street with Lauren to get her excited for Sesame Street Live next week!  The USO brought the tour to Fort Riley and it is FREE for us! I just love some of the perks of the military!! 

So Sorry about the Super long Summary of our weekly Schedule.  :) :)




2 comments:

Rebecca

Ahhh Kristen!! Things can be rough in the military!! It's defenitly an adjustment. I think I had it a little easier as I grew up with a military Dad and I, myself, was in for 5 1/2 years. It's still a shock for me, though, so I can't imagine how difficult it can be for you!!

It will get better when you find a friend that's perfect there. Are you going to go back to work after this next little one makes her appearance?

Deployments....grrr....I am very very grateful that Blake has only had to be gone for 8 months at the longest. Kevin should be able to come home for R&R, though, right?? That will defenitly help. My friend Anna is a week away from having her 4th child and her hubby is deployed right now. I am glad that didn't happen to us :)

Life will find it's routine with the two little ones. I think it's great that you are training Lauren to her bed. It's super sad when they cry, but that will help you out the most when the new one gets here!!

Okay, I should have just written you.....again.....

Julie S.

I cannot imagine being in your shoes. Brandon works crazy hours, but he would never be gone for a whole year. Prayers are coming your way my friend! :)