CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Really?! REALLY?!

Ok, so it's almost 3am.  I can't sleep.  Too much on my mind, not to mention they are firing weapons at the range this weekend, so every few minutes my windows and wall decor rattles.  I have become used to it over the last few months, but tonight it is keeping me up along with a lot of other things. 
First...I caved and let Lauren sleep with me tonight while Kevin was gone. It's a comfort thing.  When he is gone, I usually shut and lock the door to our bedroom.  I can't do that if she is in the other room...so she is right next to me.  Well at about 12:45am or so, she started to get restless...I tried to give her her pacifier, that didn't work.  She just wanted to be held. 
Then Kevin called.  I had mentioned in the previous post from earlier today that he was working a 24 hour shift. He had to do staff duty at the barracks.  Basically he and two other guys sit there, answer phones and make sure the soldiers in the barracks don't do anything stupid.  Well, around midnight, Kevin got a call at the barracks from a soldier, who was drunk and needed a ride.  Apparently the guy was at one of the gates to get on post and had already walked from who knows where off post, to the gate.  So, Kevin went to get him.  On his way there he got pulled over by an MP (military police) for going 44 in a 35.  Kevin explained he was on staff duty and heading to get a drunk person to avoid getting this other guy in trouble and possibly injuring someone else.  The officer thanked him for what he was doing and said it was great but that he still was in a hurry and needed to slow down and gave him a $79 ticket!  I am kind of irked!  So is Kevin.  Yes, he WAS speeding..but come on, REALLY!?!?! I told Kevin he should contest it, or atleast tell the drunk guy that the Erickson Cab Fare is $79 for emergency late night drunk pick ups! 

So anyways..back to Lauren.  She was wide awake, so I decided to change her diaper.  I tried to lay her down in her crib and that didn't work, I tried to lay her back in our bed, and that didn't work either.  I soon realized it was because she had leaked out of her diaper on our bed.  REALLY!?! It's 2am!  So off the sheets came.  Down a blanket went.  In the pacifier went and out like a light she went.  BUT now I am wide awake...and hungry. GRR!!




2 comments:

Julie S.

Oh wow, sounds like a rough night. That totally stinks about the ticket, too. Hope the rest of your weekend went ok!

Rebecca

That sucks about the ticket!! I had a day once where I got pulled over on base for expired tags on my car, so I borrowed my roomates car, got pulled over by the same cop becuase her tags were expired. I explained that I was on my way to go get new tags!!!

I was off base, on my way to get the new tags and I turned left on a yellow light. The bike cop behind be pulled me over and gave me a ticket for running a red light, since I could have stopped instead of going through the yellow!!!

That was the worst day ever.

Three tickets...grrr...

My kids have leaked through in my bed before too. It's gross...They've leaked through in their beds too.

Speaking of leaking, Cara just took off her pull up...apparently I need to change her....