CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's a girl, 30 years, and 9 months!

Phew!! It has been a while since I have updated.  We have been super busy and had some computer problems too.  We had a few days of no internet service followed by our computer crashing. After a full system restore, we are back up and running.
It's a girl!
Last Tuesday, we had an ultrasound and found out that we are having another little girl.  We are due Sept. 17.  I am 25 weeks along and feeling great!  I am getting more tired as time goes on, and my heartburn is starting to reappear but other than that, I am good!  The ultrasound showed 2 legs, 2 arms, 2 kidneys, a liver, a beating heart with all four chambers working the way they should.  I forgot to ask how big the baby was at this time! Oh well! I guess it will just be a surprise.
I did ask the ultrasound tech how she could tell it was a girl.  I can't ever make out much of anything on the fuzzy 2-d black and white picture.  She said, and took mouse on the screen and pointed to another blurry image and said.. "See this is the labia"..and I said "uh.. ok"..she then said "Back in the day they would refer to it as a camel toe, does that help?!"  ...I was a little taken back, my eyes got big, I looked at Kevin, inside dying laughing...I just said "Sure"...What I really wanted to say is...."Camel toe lady?! LOL seriously?! I know what a labia looks like, I have 2!  How about hamburger buns, that seems like a better term for my unborn baby".  But I didn't..I just sat there, trying not to laugh...if I did, I would have peed my pants because she was taking forever and I had a full bladder!
 I probably won't have another ultrasound for the rest of the pregnancy, unless there is an emergency.  My BP is still elevated but not in the danger zone yet.  We will continue to monitor my BP plus Kevin and I have to be aware of any sudden swelling in hands and face etc. 
Kevin was really wanting a boy, and I assumed I was having a boy since this pregnancy so far has been completely different than when I was pregnant with Lauren. He is super excited though to have 2 little girls so close in age.  They will be best of friends, and not to mention we will be able to use all of Lauren's clothes for our new baby girl! This will save us a ton of money in the long run.

******************************************************************
30 years


30 years ago on Memorial Day.  My husband Kevin was born.  He is my best friend, and the love of my life.  I truly think him being born on Memorial Day is the reason he is such a great patriot today.  I am so proud to call him my husband. 
When we first started dating, he said that he wanted atleast one child before he turned 30.  At the time, I was like "yeah right!..we need to wait a few years!" ...but now we do have our precious Lauren and another little angel on the way.  So in a way he got 2 children before he was 30. 
Kevin is such an amazing father. I love to see him interact with Lauren.  They have a special bond that will never be broken.  Happy Birthday Kevin.  I love you!!















*******************************************************************
9 months!

Happy 9 months to my beautiful daughter Lauren Grace.  She is getting so big! 

This is how I found her yesterday in our living room.  She had climbed up on her pack and play.  We had left it there when unloaded the car.  I was in the kitchen and I looked around the corner to check on her and there she was just hanging out and all smiles!! I about had a heart attack.  She is growing up too fast!  I decided then that I would just set up her pack and play in the living room so that I didn't have to wonder where she was all the time, and low and behold the stinker would dig her little feet into the side of the mesh and crawl up the side!  She is like a little monkey.  She drinks about four 6 oz bottles a day.  We still can't get her to hold her own bottle or sippy cup yet.  We call her Miss Lazy Pants when it comes to eating.  She likes it all done for her.  She will hold her bottle and when we try and help her tip it up, she just lets go completely, puts her hands behind her head and figures that we'll do all of the work.  She usually eats cereal mid morning, fruit and some puffs at lunch with sippy cup of water or formula, afternoon snack is usually a bottle and then a long nap.  Dinner is usually whatever we are having plus a jar of veggies and fruit.  Last night she had all big kid food for supper!  She did really good and ate it all! We were so surprised and happy.  It's so fun to watch her use her little fingers to pick things up and get them to her mouth. 
She is just too much fun now.  On our way home from our little road trip to Illinois for Memorial Day weekend, she just started giggling out of no where.  Kevin and I couldn't quit laughing.  It was the cutest thing in the whole world!  I just love how grown up and independent she is getting.  I love that I can put her on the floor to play and she is content for long periods of time. 
I hate how she cries though when I drop her off at daycare.  It breaks my heart!
I know it will get better!
Well I can hear the stinker in her bed.  I am very happy she slept til 8am today and was not up at 5:30!!
Hope you all have a good day.  I will try and stay updated more now that we are back into the swing of things here in KS. 

3 comments:

Julie S.

Congratulations on another girl! :) Glad to hear you are feeling well! Lauren is getting SO big!

Jill

Lauren is so stinking adorable! Congrats on the 2nd girl, how fun they will be so close in age.

Rebecca

Yay on another little girl!!!!!! It will be so awesome that you can use Lauren's clothes for her :) That will save sooooooo much money!!

Nighttime training is so difficult :( When are you going to switch Lauren over to a toddler bed? That will come with a whole new set of night time training!!! We finally got Alex to stay in bed all night. It's so cute to see them in big kid beds :)

Happy 30th to Kevin! Blake turns 30 on the tenth :) :)