CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Things they don't tell you about being pregnant!

As I lay here on the couch at 5 am with a million and one things running through my head. I decided to compile a list of things no one told me about being pregnant. After experiencing most of these and timidly asking others if this was normal, I realized I was not nuts..but it sure would have been nice to know some of these things a little sooner!! So here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Hair on the body will grow faster and more plentiful! -- Those of you who know me well, know that I was hairy enough before, but now I pluck one hair and 10 darker and coarser hairs replace it. Chin, neck, chest..you name it, I got it

2. For the first time in my life since the age of potty training..it's okay to pee my pants. :) Okay so let's be honest ladies, because everyone I have talked to has said it happened to them too... It has only happened twice (so far)...but it was a rollercoaster or emotions when it did. I can vividly remember the first time it happened. I sneezed and realized something was not right... Kevin could see horror in my face, asked what was wrong and when I replied I had just wet myself, he laughed and laughed and laughed..and then my tears came rolling down. The second time, I didn't even know I had done it. At some point in the evening I remember sneezing but never had the urge to go..I just went! HAHA..Atleast now after knowing I am not alone, I can laugh this stage off and start doing some exercises because I'm sure it's not going to get any better as time goes on!

3. You fart a lot... enough said.

4. Leg cramps... OUCHY!!!!!!!!! Again I have only experienced this one time but it was one time too many. It was so painful that I sat straight up in bed and grabbed my leg with one hand and had to cover my own mouth with the other, to keep myself from screaming and waking Kevin up.

5. Pregnancy brain is REAL!!!!!!! --wow is this ever true! I have left the house 2 times now without my purse. One of those times, my gas light came on 15 miles from home. Kevin was gone doing flood duty..so what would any girl do for comfort..I called my mommy and I cried and cried and cried. She reassured me that it would be all right..Sure enough it was, and I borrowed $5 from a coworked so I could get home that night. Somedays I can't remember if I took my vitamin, if I ate breakfast etc. Other times it's like the information is in my brain but it won't travel to my mouth and be voiced. I stood at the check out counter one day at the grocery store and paused when the nice lady asked me if I wanted my receipt. After much pondering, which seemed like forever but really only a few seconds...I answered "No thank you" ..as I walked away the lady said to me "That was a big decision wasn't it!?!"- I just chuckled and thought..you have no idea! :)


--Well I am sure I could ramble on but I will spare you all the pain/embarrassment of reading anymore. I am sorry if anyone took any offense to this but this is me, this is how open I am, and I'm proud to be that way. It' doesn't matter how many bad things I feel, how many sleepless nights or how many times I pee my pants...nothing will take away the joy and love I feel when I feel the baby kick or the look on Kevin's face the first time he felt the baby kick. We are so excited for August to get here!!!!!!!

5 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥

Oh Kristen! I laughed out loud when I read this!!! I really love you! Isn't prgenancy great?!

Melanie

This is the BEST!! You crack me up Kristen! (And I can relate too!)

Rebecca

I so totally laughed at this! It takes me back.

Karen

You are hilarious Kristen!

Anonymous

Great website... We so enjoyed all the pictures and comments. Someone is quite the photographer. Do you realize you are only 2hrs north of us? When we're there that is. You live in a beautiful area. Hopefully we can get together sometime. Take care!