CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our weekend getaway!

This past Friday, Kevin and I ventured down to the cities for a little fun and relaxtion. It was very last minute and very unplanned. Our normal weekends consist of Kevin working all day Saturday and me doing laundry/cleaning or grocery shopping. But I got a text from Kevin on Friday afternoon around 3pm telling me to call him ASAP. I instantly thought something was wrong..but it turned out he was just calling to tell me that he had Saturday and Sunday off and wanted to know if I wanted to go down to the cities. Of course I wasn't going to decline that offer! I was off work and home by 4:30pm and we were on the road down south by 5pm. On the way down we stopped in Baxter at Famous Dave's and had a great dinner! We then continued on down and stayed the night at Karla and Mike's on Friday night. On Saturday morning, Karla made us waffles. They were so yummy! It was so nice visiting with them and comparing pregnancy stories with Karla!

That afternoon we had lunch at Big Bowl. It is another one of favorites. We always make a stop there when in town. I had the teryaki glazed chicken over jasmine rice and Kevin had the crispy orange chicken. I don't think he has ever had anything other than that dish everytime we have gone there. I just wish we had one closer so we could eat there more often. But it does make it an extra special treat when we do get to go!
That afternoon we checked into our hotel. Kevin got an awesome deal on www.hotwire.com . We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Downtown. It was 4 star hotel for only $59.99. We have had nothing but good luck everytime we have used hotwire and would recommend it to anyone! Here are a few views from our room on the 23rd floor.

Later that afternoon, we ventured over to the metrodome for a game against the Mariners! It was so much fun. We had great seats 8 rows from the field. AWESOME for watching the game...not so awesome to walk up to the top when you are 5 1/2 months pregnant with a full bladder! After the first trip up the stairs, I decided to just stay up! It was a great choice. Less crowded and less rowdy!.....and closer to the bathrooms and exits! :)
We also decided to pick up a little souvenir for our little bundle of joy in honor of his/her "first" Twins game! Kevin was so excited about this purchase that he laid it all out on the bed and took pictures for all to see. Last but certainly not least we ended our Sunday with a lunch stop at Kevin's favorite pizza place. Again the food was delicious....but we could not finish it all no matter how much we tried.
We ended our trip with a stop at the Albertville Outlet Malls and snagged a few great deals :) We had such a great weekend together! I love Kevin so much and I was so thankful to get to spend time with him this weekend.