CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 6, 2012

Weekly weigh-in 220.6

Dun Dun Dun.....:)    It's that dreaded day!  Or is it??  It's the start of a new chapter and hopefully a lifelong change of a healthier lifestyle with the encouragement of friends and family!  I would like to check in once a week until our goals are met, and then after that, we'll figure out a check in/buddy system for maintenence/fitness etc. 

I started this journey almost 2 years ago.  I stepped on the scale the morning I had Kaelin and it read 270lbs.  When Kevin left for Iraq I was 255lb.  When I joined a gym in December 2010, I was at 251 lbs.  Kevin came home from Iraq in November 2011 and my weight was 196lbs.  That's almost 60lbs in the 12months of his deployment. 

After he was home and we were settling and re-adjusting, the scale would read 201, 204, 208, 215, 218 and where I have been stuck for the last few months at 222lbs. 

Last week I weighed in at 220lbs.  This week I am at 220.6.  A little over 1/2lb weight gain this week.  I made it to the gym only 3 days out of the last 7 and I plan on going again tonight. 

I went to a class called Club boxing circuit. OMG LOVE IT! or hate it too..but it was fun!  I've never been to a class where we actually get to put on gloves and punch and kick the crap out of the bag.  It was so exhilarating.  The part where she made us run back and forth in the gym and then only stop us to make us do jumping jacks? Yeah,that part totally sucked but it was at the beginning and we got it over with!  I've heard rumors she sometimes makes the class sometimes run the parking lot. Not looking forward to that! 

As far as healthy eats, it's been an on and off struggle. I have good days and bad days.  The first few weeks are brutal when reducing caloric intake. It feels like I'm starving!  I've tried to just make smaller/healthier meals and snack. Slowly and surely it's getting better. 

How was your week? 

Starting weight:  222
Today's weight:  220.6

Down 1.4lb

2 comments:

Annette

I'm at 234.2, which is up from 230.2 when I weighed myself a week ago. Blech. However, I'm sure it is skewed from all the eating I've done over the past 3 days. Today, I've done well--exercised and ate healthy. As you said, it feels as though I'm starving! It'll get better, I know. I hate this part, though. :) Oh well...I'll suck it up! Keep on me, Kristen! I'll think of you when I'm wanting to gorge myself on something disgusting. LOL

Unknown

I made some really bad food decisions this week.

I wish my gym offered classes. You seem to have a really nice selection to chose from!