CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 2, 2012

Here I go again...

Remember last year when I lost 50+lbs when Kevin was deployed.  70 total since Kaelin's birth??  Well I seem to have found 20+ back and well that's just not cool, folks.  It's of my own doing!  I'm the only one to blame.  For months I blamed it on Kevin coming home and eating out at his favorite places but it's not his fault at all.  It's only my own.  He didn't put the food in my mouth.  He didn't make me sit on the couch watching t.v. every evening.  He actually encouraged me to go to the gym. I just wasn't "feeling" it.  I would go strong for a week and then lose the groove.  He would tell me it was okay to go, but I somewhat felt guilty (and still do sometimes)  leaving him in the evenings to go to the gym.  I know I shouldn't but I do.  There are other days I am running out the door to get out of there.

I have tried at home workouts and just cannot get into them.  Paying for a gym membership gives that ooomph to get out the door and use the services that I am paying for. 

I haven't been extremely consistent since joining 3 weeks ago. So far I have taken a Zumba class (eh...love zumba just not this particular class...will give it another shot)  ..  Body works plus Abs (ouch..good ouch) and Spin (love/hate and butt ouch the first few times) 

I want to get into a routine with the treadmill/elliptical.  I have tried the couch to 5k and I never make it past week 1.  I am going to try intervals on my own and go from there.  Small goals and my first one is to be able to run a mile without stopping.  Sounds small but I have only ran a mile once in my life in highschool...never since. At this point I can only run about 2 minutes before I need to walk. 

Weight wise:  I am going to make realistic goals. I know it took me months to put it on so it won't come off over night. My goals are 1-2lbs/week, and hoping for 15lb weight loss by August 31st.

To help me keep accountability I am linking up with Mrs. V @ Getting that Glow.   She has been working hard on her own goals and is doing fabulous. 
Weigh ins will be on Friday mornings.  I will be posting on my blog and then linking up in her comment section. 

If anyone is looking for some accountability for weight loss, fitness goals, or even just living a healthy lifestyle, let's all work together and encourage each other! 

Even if you don't have a blog, feel free to leave your goals/accomplishments/or needs for improvements in my comment section. 

Who's with me?

7 comments:

The Breens

Good Luck Kristen! I have the same feelings walking out the door as soon as my husband gets home from work...but I like to think I'm a better person at home when I feel better about myself!

When I started on the treadmill, I did intervals of 2 min. walking, 1 min jogging, and 1 min at a 'light' run and went from there. It really helped build my endurance! I've never been a runner IN MY LIFE, but the routine is really helping. Keep it up!

The Ericksons

Count me in! I'm lucky that I HAVE to work out as a job, if not, I'd hate to think what weight I'd be at! I need some accountability also!!

Kristen

Thanks for the encouragement, Kelsey!

@Amy- Yay! So happy you are joining me! I needed accountability and love to have you with me on this!

Kristen
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette

I really need to get back into it, too, Kristen. I was only 15 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight afterI had Lennon, but I've slowly gained 20 more than that now. It stinks! I'd be glad to join you in your venture! :) I need some serious motivation. My goal is similar to yours. I'd like to lose 1-2 pounds per week and 10-15 pounds by the end of August. Here we go!!!

Annette

I'm with you! I've gained 20 pounds from where I was right after I had Lennon (which was only 15 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight--doh!). I need some serious motivation here. I pledge to exercise and make healthy choices to the best of my ability. I'd like to lose 1-2 pounds per week and be 10-15 pounds lighter by the end of August. Here's to a healthy lifestyle and NO MORE EXCUSES!!! :)

Unknown

You've lost it once so you can definitely lose it again! Mini goals keep me sane, I think you can absolutely reach your goal by August 31.