CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 20, 2012

Weekly Weigh-in: 216.2

Down around 3lbs from last week!
I know for a fact some of it is water weight. I may not weigh myself in the future on my period.  It was such a let down when I did.   Seriously some days I was 8lbs higher than the last.  This was a huge disappointment since I have been making healthy eating choices all week and exercising. One night I was in tears because I felt as if the weight was never going to come off.  Kevin reassured me it would, and it has slowly started to again.


I do count my calories by using the Livestrong calorie counter app on my phone as well as a Polar heart rate monitor for my exercising. 
I know some people don't like to "count calories" but it really works.  Even if you just write down everything you eat in a notebook on your counter everyday. It worked for me last time and I am determined to make it a daily part of my life..not just my diet.  It takes a bit to get into the habit but after a week or so straight of doing it, it just becomes natural to do it.  Somedays I have every meal and snack (except supper) plugged into my tracker before I even sit down for breakfast.  Then I know I have X amount of calories to eat for supper, or I need exercise X amount if I want to splurge. 

I have also cut out soda/pop.  From as long as I can remember, I have been a diet pop drinker.  I LOVE Diet Coke.  Love is an understatement. Although 0 calorie, studies have shown lately that the artificial sweeteners in these can be very damaging to our health.  It was hard the first few days because I craved that sweetness to go along with my salty snacks.  That has slowly started getting better and I try to eat fruits for my sweets craving and I drink around 100oz of water a day.  Water does get a little mundane, so I bought some lemons and limes yesterday for some flavoring. 

I didn't go to the gym everyday this week, in fact, I maybe only went 2-3 times.  Kevin had his wisdom teeth out on Monday morning, and the recovery hasn't been as easy as we anticipated it would be.  I did get up and go to the gym early on Tuesday morning before the girls woke up and then again on Wednesday night.  Kevin had to go back to work yesterday, swollen face and all.  He was gone for 13 hours yesterday (normal) ..but I felt bad running out the door within 40 minutes of him getting home.  I told him I would go when the girls went to bed, but they decided to throw us for a loop and refuse to go to bed last night until nearly 10pm.  Since the gym closed at 10, obviously I wasn't going to make it.  I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and sign the girls up for the childcare and go to the gym during the day.  No excuses then.  It just breaks my heart to leave Kaelin screaming and scared and I'm still nervous about Lauren and the potty.  She does great and I can't even remember her last accident, but she doesn't do well in public restrooms. So hopefully I can get her to go before we go and avoid any public accidents or freakouts. 

Okay..so that is my week.  Sorry for the long, random, choppy, post!

Let's wrap this up! 

Starting weight:  222lb
Current weight:  216.2
 Down 5.8lbs total. 
1st Goal:  205lbs by 8-31


How was your week?

5 comments:

Unknown

I quit drinking pop too and it has made a huge difference. Diet coke was my drink of choice. I drink only water with lemon or coffee now and treat myself to one diet coke every 6 weeks or so.

Congrats on the loss!

Unknown

Wow, we're in the same boat weight-wise! I started at 224 and now I'm down to 215.4! I can't wait to see how well you continue to do.

And, great job giving up soda! It's hard, but so worth it.

Anonymous

Here's my advice from my personal weight loss journey. Only weigh yourself once a week at the same time, same day because the numbers can get you down so easily and you don't need that on a daily basis or at least I don't. Mine is before my training session on Wednesdays. I only say this because your weight does fluctuate based on water and time of day, what you are wearing. My trainer continually reminds me too that muscle weighs more than fat. So just keep eating right and keep moving whether you get to the gym or not I am sure you are chasing those girls around which you might not think is exercise at the time but its better than sitting around. Keep up the good work!!!

Annette

Nice job, Kristen! I had a crazy, weird week last week. I didn't exercise or eat particularly healthy most of the week because of my grandma being in the hospital and other things. So, anyway, it's a new week, so here I go! I have no clue what my weight is, but I'd suspect I was up a little from last weigh-in. Anyway, good job again! :)

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥

Good job cutting out pop, it may take a while to have your body get used to not ever drinking anything but water and milk (at meals?) It is hard for the body to adjust to no sugar or sugar alternatives!
Good for you!
It is the same for any sugary snacks you may have...it can be difficult!