CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lauren Grace is One


We celebrated Lauren's birthday on August 21st.  My parents and siblings came down to Kansas to celebrate with us.  It was so nice to have them around for a few days.  Especially since Kevin is gone right now.  I really wish he could have been there.  I plan on making a little cake and I still have no given her the presents from Mommy and Daddy yet.  We will wait and have a special family time when he gets back next week. 
On Lauren's actual birthday (28th), we woke up and snuggled and played.  I made her cheesy, scrambled eggs.  We then napped, and played some more.  For lunch we had some pasta and corn. 
That afternoon we went to my baby shower that my friends at church had for me.  Lauren had a fun time playing in the nursery with all of the toys.  She was such a good girl.  Later that evening, Lauren and I went to Dairy Queen for supper.  She had a grilled cheese and french fries :)  It would have been a perfect day..except we both ended up getting sick that night.  We spent the next 12 hours throwing up.  It was awful.  There is nothing worse than your one year old daughter throwing up and you not being able to help because you are throwing up too! I felt so bad.  Sunday was a very long, and grueling day.  We both were feeling awful.  I was able to keep Lauren hydrated and things started to look up.  I thought we were on the upswing of things but then she spiked a fever.  She was still eating, drinking, pooping, and peeing, so I didn't take her to the doctor.  She ran a fever all day Monday and finally this morning (Tuesday) at 8am, the fever was gone! She had two more teeth pop through.  I figured teeth were the culprit. 
I will try to update more now..hopefully with my mom coming this weekend, I will get some downtime to blog a little more.  I hope all is well with everyone.  I will keep you posted on baby #2, and my baby shower in the days to come.