CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Early morning updates

I decided to be useful with my time since I was up at 4am! Normally on weekends I would clean or do laundry and tidy up. Not today. It's only Wednesday.... It's my day off and I am going to relax (and I do not want to wake up Kevin!)! I have a Doctor's appt at 9:30am, so until then I will update all of my blog readers, since I have failed to do so for over a week now.

33 weeks today. 7 weeks left. 49 days to go. I. am. hyperventilating. AHHHHHH!!!! Poor Kevin has to deal with my emotions everyday. One minute I'm happy, the next I am crying. One minute I am ready, the next minute I wonder if baby girl could just stay in here for A LOT longer.....And then baby girl kicks me consistently for over an hour at bedtime and I decide again that I am ready for her to check out of the "Mommy Hotel" (as long as she is healthy and ready too!!) P.S. This picture <------ is a from the 4th of July..so not technically 33 weeks. I will post another one later today when I have changed out of my fuzzy red robe and tamed my bed head. As far as how I am physically feeling. For the most part I feel great!!! Other days, not so much. Most days my ankles do not swell, but when they do, just imagine Fiona from Shrek. The Ogre version..not the pretty red princess version. Oh yeah...I sport the "cankles" like noboby else!! ( I have for years...unfortunately blessed with no distint "ankle") Atleast now post-pregnancy I will not think they are so ugly anymore because I have now seen them even bigger!


Most of the swelling is present only on my days off when I chose to wear flip flops instead of my socks and tennis shoes. And my days off probably are not as active as my working days are. I should probably wear more supportive shoes or be more active but at this point I just like to come home after work, take my shoes and sweaty socks off and put my feet up and relax. The most walking I do in the evenings is over to Kevin's grandparents for a game of Rook and the dessert of the day :) :) ( Last night it was strawberry malts, made with strawberry's fresh out of the garden!) One of my other favorites is Rhubarb cake...oh my goodness ...DELICIOUS!!! I need the recipe.... or maybe I don't. because if I had it, we'd be eating it everyday, and I would have gained more than 20lbs already! Speaking of that, I cringe at the thought of standing on the scale at the Dr. today. The last month has been filled with not so healthy food. I can't help that I love McDonald's and Dave's Pizza. .....and ice cream and cookies. I know I am terrible!!!








On a completely different note. Kevin and I celebrated our first Fourth of July TOGETHER! We decided to make a trip to Minneapolis with Kevin's cousins, Ashleigh & Tyler. Saturday evening we watched the fireworks on Lake Minnetonka with Kevin's sister Karla, her husband Mike and their friends. I was so amazed at the amount of people were in attendance. The show was spectacular and like no other show I have ever seen. Even though our day was rushed and we almost missed the fireworks, once we sat down on our blanket and watched for a few minutes we forgot all about the craziness that had ensued the hours before.





On Sunday it was Armed Forces Appreciation Day at the Metrodome. The Twins were giving away 4 FREE tickets to any active, reserve or retired serviceman/veteran. Of course Kevin being the super fan that he is, could NOT pass up this opportunity. It was a beautiful warm day and we kept thinking how great of a day it would be at the new outdoor Target Field next year. Here are a few pictures from the game. Ashleigh and her one of a kind "MAUER POWER" face painting!

The Hot Air Balloons in honor of POW'S and all Military men/women. They flew these around the Metrodome before the start of the game! It was pretty neat!!)
Ashleigh & Tyler Kristen & Kevin (doesn't he look so cute with a shaved face! I love it!)
Other than some major indigestion from the Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday and the Nachos (w/jalepenos) on Sunday...and cheese curds and Pizza Ranch ( It was our last weekend away before baby is born..I had to splurge)...It was a FABULOUS weekend! We are looking forward to sharing our favorite pastimes with our children and hope they can pass on the same fun to their families!
Well I better get going, I have 2 loaves of bread that have risen and are ready to be baked ( They were frozen loaves..I'm not ambitious enough to make homemade.) I can't wait to eat them with homemade strawberry jam! MMMMM!!!!! Notice a pattern of food..holy smokes cravings, I feel bad for the scale today. Yikes!