CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2: Words


I walked around the house this morning looking at various pictures, signs, decor, calendars.  Wondering what I was going to do for Day 2: Words.  I turned the corner to the living room and my eyes caught these wooden blocks.  These wooden blocks are our family.  We are a proud Army Family. 
Unless you are a Military Family, you might not understand the pride that comes along with being a part of this "club".  As a spouse, I didn't know that when I married my amazing husband that me and the girls would be a part of his sacrifice.  I suppose I should say I didn't understand fully the greatness of our sacrifice.  I didn't know that the military life would be so difficult, so painful, so joyful and most definitely meaningful. 
We don't wear medals , we don't get the glory and we don't hold rank.  We hold down the fort and we stay strong and stay by our soldiers side. 
It was often said to me and still is.  " I don't know how you do it".  I never knew what to say except maybe a small shrug of my shoulders and a response of "I just do."  Sounds simple and honestly supporting the man that I love, the father of my children, the soldier really is simple.  He has his mission and I have mine. 
Have you ever read the Army Code of Conduct?  I hadn't either until this last week.  I have been reading a book titled "1001 things to love about Military Life"  In it, it broke down the 6 articles of the Army Code of Conduct.  After reading, I gained a greater respect not only for my husband, but for all military persons serving our country.  Seeing the extent of what my husband and others VOLUNTARILY sacrifice for our country makes me nothing but PROUD. 

Military Code Of Conduct

The Code of Conduct is a six-article code that provides general guidelines for the daily conduct of all United States military personnel. It is especially applicable at times of war or imprisonment.


(1) I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense
 (2) I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never
surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to
resist
(3) If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will
make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
(4) If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners.
I will give no information or take part in any action which might be
harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will
obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me, and will back them up in
every way
(5) When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give
only my name, rank, service number, and date of birth.  I will evade answering
further questions to the utmost of my ability.  I will make no oral or written
statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to  their cause.

(6) I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom,
responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my
country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

0 comments: