CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm a quitter

I got a little in  over my head when I started the 30 day photo challenge. I knew that I wouldn't be able to do it every day and was hoping to get caught up but it has just been too much for me to catch up now.  Not to mention, I am not completely familiar with all of the settings on my DSLR and I haven't had the chance to sit down and figure it all out.  I wish I knew how to do long exposure, sillouettes, etc.. :(  I really want to improve my photography skills before I take on a challenge like this. 

On a good note.  90% of our house is unpacked.  I finished unpacking and hanging up/organizing the girls clothes.  I've separated what will go on a garage sale this fall and have their closets and dressers organized for summer/fall/winter.  Now I just have to work on mine and Kevin's closet.  I plan on tackling that this weekend.

Once that is done, I will be able to somewhat relax and get back into the groove of things.  We still have several boxes that need to be gone through and see what needs pitched/sold/etc.  One day at a time, and I can't really do it when Kevin's not here either. So that will just have to wait til he's home! 

Anyways.. I thought by doing the photo challenge would help me update my blog more often, but really it kept me away from it for almost 2 weeks.  I do have some things to blog about and I will be updating soon, so stay tuned!

1 comments:

Molly Zientarski

Kristen, my husband is a photograph gooroo (however you spell that) and I asked him if he knew the answer to what you want to accomplish...this is what he said..."just turn down the shutter speed. Turn the dial either to M (manual mode) or S (Shutter speed priority) then turn down the shutter speed to about 1-2 seconds. She'll have to be using a tripod otherwise the image will be blurry." Don't know if that helped at all but I thought I'd pass it along. I know how important pictures are to us, so I wanted to pass you some good information!