CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kaelin is 8 months

I know I say this every month, but I really can't believe that Kaelin is 8 months old already!  Just 4 short months until she is one year old. No way!  :) 
Kaelin is starting to get a personality of her own and it is so fun.  For the longest time she was very whiney and clingy.  It made my days extremely stressful and hard.  I never wanted to take her anywhere or leave her with anyone else because of this.  
Oh, and did I mention that she spit up ALL the time.  Well folks, after several trips to the doctor for the same things.  I finally took it into my own  hands and switched Kaelin to soy formula.  She is a completely different little girl.  Absolutely not one drop of spit up.  Her bottles are spread out now to about every 4 hours.  Up until about 2 weeks ago, she would have a bottle about ever 1-2 hours and 75% of the time, half or all of the bottle would come up.  Because she was eating more frequently, she never actually lost any weight, therefore the Dr. saw no concern with her spitting up.  Well after rashes, spitting up, gas, crying.  I am happy to report that soy milk has done the trick and helped my baby girl feel better.

Kaelin now crawls EVERYWHERE!  She now just plays and crawls to whatever she wants.  She is just so much fun.  She and Lauren are starting to play together really well too.  I just love to hear them giggle and play and "talk" together.  

Friday, Kaelin took her first big girl bath.  She didn't even need the help of her bath seat.  She just loved splashing and wiggling around on her own.  I may still use the bath seat when she takes baths with Lauren for a while.  They both get so excited and Kaelin fell over backwards last night.  She didn't even cry.  She was just surprised by what was happening.  Of course I was right there to scoop her up immediately.  

This is a picture of Kaelin when the show "Super Why" comes on PBS.  She LOVES the super readers.  I use it as a "babysitter" for Kaelin and Lauren, so this mommy can take a shower and get ready in the morning.  :) 
Kaelin just continues to grow and grow and amaze us each day.  We love her so much
Few last tidbits
-says "dadda"
-weighs 20#'s (wowza)!!



2 comments:

themurrayfamily

Seriously, you and your husband sure made beautiful babies! Love watching them grow! Best of luck in the coming months. Halfway there!!

Rebecca

We also LOVE Super Why! Alex just glues to it :) Your girls are getting so big!!!! They are just beautiful :)