CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kaelin puked on my computer and the keyboard does not work.  Upon initial inspection by the PC guy, he said it does not seem "glitchy" and hopefully a new keyboard will do the trick.   Can you believe they charge $90 for labor?  That doesn't even cover the cost of the part.  That will be at least another $60 on top of that.  That is if that is the only problem.  If any damage was done to the motherboard, the repair man told me that I would be better off just buying a new computer.  UGH!!!!  I am praying that it is only the keyboard.  We JUST bought the computer last June.  We opted not to get a warranty on it.  Our renters insurance would cover us and buy me a brand new one, but the deductible is $500 and we only paid $575 after taxes.  To me, it's just not worth the chance of our premium to go up for an extra $75. 
Kevin has been busy and not around to talk to.  I am not sure when he will be back either.  So, if anything, this ended up being a good time to be without a computer to talk to him. 
Currently I am using my mom's netbook while the girls are napping.  It's so nice to have quiet time.  I have the t.v. off, lights out and just peace and quiet.  It's so nice! 
I apologize for the lack of posts lately.  I just haven't found the motivation to write about much of anything.  It's hard when most of my thoughts are about wanting Kevin home.  I stay busy throughout the day taking care of the girls and my evenings are spent at the gym.  Nothing too exciting goes on around here.  I am hoping that as the weather warms up, our activities will too, and thus give us something to actually blog about. 
I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm.  It looks as though we are going to get a few more inches of snow here in Illinois tonight.  I hope it waits until after I go to the gym.  I might not get to go this weekend and I would love to get a good strength training class in.  I suppose I'll have to resort to the darn elliptical in the basement.  Man, do I hate that thing!!

1 comments:

Rebecca

You could always take a road trip down here :) We are going to the beach on Sunday....doesn't that tempt you??