CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 14, 2011

Kaelin 5 months/Lauren 17 months

I am a bit behind these days.  The last week has been somewhat hectic.  Every Monday rolls around it's the beginning of another week and another week closer to Kevin being home.  
The girls have each reached a new month in their lives.  Besides a few seasonal colds they are still doing great and are very healthy little girls.  
They bring me so much joy.  There are days when I just want to hide in the bathroom and cry because I am so frustrated, annoyed, mad, flustered, sad...you name it, I've felt it when it comes to parenting.  I think what gives me the most anxiety is if I am making the right decisions.  With Kevin gone, the decision making falls into my hands.  I always wonder if I am doing "good enough" or if the decision I made at that time was the right one.  I am the sole disciplinarian.  I am the one who decides if the fever is high enough to warrant a trip to the doctor.  I'm not complaining because I wouldn't trade this time for anything else in the world.  If I didn't have the opportunity to stay home with the girls this year, I don't think they would have the stability that they need and deserve.  With me staying home, we also get the privilege to talk to Kevin every single day.  That is the best part of my day.  I should also say that because we do get to talk so often that he is a HUGE part of the decisions that I make if it is an issue that could wait for his opinion or approval.  
SO on to what this post was really about: Kaelin and Lauren


Lauren turned 17months on January 28th.  I am almost a whole month late on posting this.  She just amazes me every single day.  She picks up a new word or phrase every day.  She recognizes animals and says "cow, fishy, doggy/puppy and "onky" for Monkey"  She can also make the sounds for them but she'd rather just make the monkey sound.  That is her favorite sound to make! Her fishy lips are the most adorable thing ever.  
Some of Lauren's favorite things right now are: 
-Super Readers; a cartoon show on PBS
-books; she has been bringing her books to me to read lately.  It's so cute. 
-Fruit. She LOVES the Dole Fruit cups in their own juice.  She gobbles down mandarin oranges like crazy.
-Brushing her teeth ( a true dental hygienists daughter)
- and her medicine, i.e. Ibuprofen or Tylenol.  
She had a hard time teething a few weeks ago.  She had the fever, swollen gums, the whole shebang!  She loved the taste of her medicine, which saved cleanup from her spitting it out.  Anytime it was time for another dose, I would say "Would you like some medicine?" and she would spit out her pacifier and run over with her mouth wide open. 
Lauren has started her tantrums which is NOT fun.  She had a few appointments last week that were almost traumatic for me.  I am so very easily flustered when it comes to stuff like that.  I am glad it's all over with and I don't have to deal with it again for another 6months.  


Weight: 24.5lbs (50th %tile)
Height: 33.5lbs  (96th %tile)

And now on to our Bugaboo..our little K-bug: Kaelin Deborah

Kaelin is growing so fast.  I hate to wish away her year, but I sometimes find myself couting her milestones as another way of being closer to Kevin being home.  There is just so much that is missing and even though we video chat on Skype, and he sees us everyday, it's just not the same.  At all.  
Kaelin was 8 weeks old the day that Kevin left and now she is 5 months old.  He is going to be so surprised to see how big she is when he is home on R&R.  
Kaelin rolls and is becoming more tolerable of tummy time.  She now eats cereal 2-3 times a day and several bottles a day.  She still spits up.  That is annoying and can stop anytime now. 
She is starting to develop a personality that is absolutely adorable.  She is an amazing baby girl, and I love to watch her and Lauren interact with each other.  Even at this age, it is very apparent that they will be great friends and sisters. 

Kaelin was a trooper at her appointment and fussed only for a few minutes after her shots.  

Kaelins Stats: 


Weight: 16lbs 12oz (95th %tile)
Height:  27 inches (97th %tile)


Well that is all for now folks, I hope ya'll had a wonderfull Valentines Day and have a wonderful day or night.  I will try and update more often. 
Love, Kristen