CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

On the road again...

Let me just start this by saying THANK YOU.  Kevin and I have many people to thank for their support and help during the last few weeks.  First of all to our families.  We love you all very much and are so lucky to have such supportive, loving parents, siblings and cousins.  Specifically thanks to Kyle and Mike for helping Kevin carry all of our huge furniture and appliances.  We would have never been able to do it all ourselves.  Thanks to Kevin's mom for her thorough cleaning and Kevin's sister Karla and cousin Ashleigh for keeping the kids occupied while we were busy trying to get everything done. 

Thank you to my parents, and sister for coming down so soon after Kevin left.  The support and love for you all to take off work and be down here to just be with me really meant the world.  I love you. 

Thanks to my dad for not even blinking an eye and driving an hour to pick up the u-haul trailer to haul my car.  I almost had a melt down when they called on Tuesday and said they didn't have any trailers in Manhattan even though I had reserved one days prior.  You didn't even question anything and said you would drive to go get the nearest one. 
Thanks to my mom who stayed up talking with me when she got there even though she was extremely tired and it was after midnight.  I am known to be talkative but at the time I was just lonely.  Thank you for just letting me cry.  Seems like everything makes me cry but you don't judge and always are there to comfort me.  Thank you for putting a fire up my butt and getting EVERYTHING done yesterday so we could head home.  I still don't know how we managed to get all of the cleaning and packing done in just a matter of a few hours!

Thank you to my sister Stephane for being an amazing Auntie and taking care of the girls yesterday morning and allowing Mom and I to get a head start on organizing and then allowing me to have coffee with my friends.  I know you were super exausted at the end of the day.  I totally appreciate your help. 

Sincere thanks to ALL OF YOU!  We were able to get everything done and leave early.  We were able to spend a nice evening at a hotel in Kansas City and soon will be on the road again bound for Illinois.  6 hours left to go today.  Maybe a little longer depending on how many stops we have to make.  Everything is going smoothly so far. 

I am not looking forward to the unpacking and organizing, but I know it will be all worth it once it is finished. 
I know that we made the right decision to move back to Illinois, not only for our financial well being but for my emotional and physical well being.  The year to come will be filled with every emotion from tears to joy, but because of our family and friends and faith, we will get through this! Thank you!


0 comments: