CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 22, 2010

Goals

Today marks 2 weeks since Kevin left.  We are pretty much settled into life here in Illinois. 
We miss him a lot but hopefully with the holidays approaching, time will just fly by! 
I have set some goals for myself while Kevin is gone.  I haven't written them all down but I soon will be, so I can share them with all of you.  My main goal is to become a healthier person physically and mentally.  This last week has been hard and overwhelming and I knew that I had to do something to de-stress.  I checked out a gym yesterday afternoon called Fitness Connexion in Bloomington.  They offer a variety of different fitness classes as well as your regular exercise cardio and toning equipment. Best of all....they have affordable CHILDCARE right there in the gym.  I start my 16 day free trial today.  The free trial also includes free childcare for up to 2 hours per visit to the gym.  I am totally taking advantage of this while I can. 
I have about 50lbs to lose and I am looking forward to surprising Kevin with my new look when he gets home! 
I am going to stay accountable and post my weight on here for all of you to see.  It's embarrassing but maybe with all of your support and motivation, I won't fall off the bandwagon and give up. 

Today's weight:  246.8 (eek! I could cry!)
Goal weight:  198 (weight I was when I met Kevin 4 years ago)

This is my goal during this deployment.  50 lbs.  I can do it!  I will update everyone on my progress on every Monday.  Wish me luck! 


3 comments:

The Ericksons

You can do it! Try taking a Zumba class if they have it, I think you'd really like it!

Julie S.

Good for you! :) YOU can do it! And won't your hubby be surprised?!

Annette

Kristen, when I started this weightloss journey about a year and a half ago, I weighed almost 250 pounds. At the end of July, I was back up from 220 to 234. I am now down to 200 pounds with a goal of 175-180 pounds. If I can do it, you can DEFINITELY do it! I know that looking at the numbers can make you want to cry (trust me, I've been there...even thinking about how heavy and unhealthy I was then is making me feel like crying right now!), but it is so worth it when you feel better about yourself. I'm rooting you on for sure! :) Keep it up!