CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The past week...and today is my due date!!


I am a little bit behind so I will do a quick update on what has gone on this past week.

Last week at my appointment I saw a different OB/GYN because mine so conveniently scheduled her vacation during the last two weeks of my pregnancy. At first I was upset about this but now realized it was a blessing in disguise! I LOVED the new Dr. and realized the care that I DIDN'T get from my Dr. before. Last week at 39 weeks I was 1.5cm dilated and 50% effaced. I gained 5 lbs in fluid in the last 9 days! AHHHHHHHHHH I about cried... Dr. Armstrong (new Dr.) seemed to be concerned with the swelling in my feet. He advised me to take my BP daily to monitor. Overall it's been pretty average with maybe a high reading here or there but nothing consistent.

On Friday of last week, Kevin had an interview with Fed Ex here in Bemidji. He felt that the interview went really well and is very anxious to hear back from them. They told him there were 11 other applicants and they would have a decision by September 1. Kevin is very excited about this position and is really hoping that it all works out. I too am excited. I haven't seen him get excited about a job. It has good pay, great benefits and decent hours. The hours of the shift would also help us cut down on daycare costs too. It has just been really hard to see Kevin unhappy with the way he has been treated at his current job for the last 8-9 months. I know he deserves better than where he is right now.

On Saturday, my parents arrived from Illinois!! YAY!! I was so excited I could have cried. I hadn't seen my parents since January. That was the longest I have ever been apart from them. They have been a TREMENDOUS help since they arrived. It has also been great to just have company here and someone to talk to when Kevin works! I just wish we lived closer so that I could see them more often. It's going to be hard to see them leave in a few weeks...I am going to move on to something else because I'm starting to cry.

Well today is my actual due date (loud cheers!!!!) ...now if I would only have this baby. I have an appointment this morning at 11. My mom is going to go with me. She has a few concerns (mainly swelling..it will NOT subside no matter what!!!) and hopefully with this new Dr. and his concerns from last week, we can get the ball rolling on having this baby girl in our arms!!!
I will try and update this afternoon after my appointment!

-Kristen

4 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥

Oh, I HOPE you have that little girl today!!!!

Chris, Tasha, Dawson & Lainey

You don't know me, but I used to attend the Cass Lake Church--many years ago, but are famiy friends with the Berge/Ericksons/Trosens. I peek at your blog every now and then. Just want to let you know even strangers are praying for ya! You are adorable, and I love your upbeat updates!! Good luck with delivery, and God bless, can't wait to see pictures of your precious little girl!!

The Ericksons

I can't believe you'll have a baby soon! Of course we will bring the kids to see the baby (Jack LOVES babies)! I'm so excited!!!!! Miss you!

Jacinda

Hi Kristen!
I am so excited to see photos of your baby...you must be getting so impatient! You look fantastic and I'll be praying that everything goes smoothly!
Love,
Jacinda