CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Job searching...ugh!!

When I decided I was moving here, I was so optimistic about finding a job. I thought in a city of millions that there would be atleast ONE dentist looking for a dental hygienist. If there is, he is not posting the job post anywhere where I can find it. Since I was 13, there hasn't been a time when I have been unemployed. It is a very scary feeling, and mix that with being in a new city with new people and my family 8 hours away..makes for some tearful moments.
I was called last week about coming in for an interview at an office and then two days later they emailed me and told me they had to cancel my interview because they had already filled the position. I was crushed..
I did however have an interview with the Children's Dental Services of MN on Friday morning. I felt that it went really well. I am very compassionate about providing healthcare to children and those less privledged than you or I may be. CDS of MN is a non-profit organization that reaches out to children and pregnant women to promote better oral health and educate. They have a headquarters in NE Minneapolis and many sattelite clinics. Those clinics are usually set up day by day at schools, and head start facilities. The position I applied for is in St. Cloud. It would be full time, with benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation time!! Not to mention it is working in public health which has been a passion of mine since I started dental hygiene school back in 2004. I just keep praying and I know God will provide.

2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥

I will be praying that the perfect job shows up!!!! (You could move HERE and be our dentist!!)

Karen

Waiting is the hardest part, I think. I have never been one that deals easily with change or waiting for things to happen. I definitely like things "all figured out". It's moments like these where I realize how much I need God, and need to trust that He will work everything out!

God is faithful, and will provide for you! I will be praying for you!