CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

India 2006

When I was in college one of my instructors Peg Boyce ( who is now a great friend of mine)..mentioned that she had taken a group to India 2 years before to do dental work and to preach the word of God. It was at a time when I was really struggling with my faith and who I was as a person...and something in me was saying "You need to go...." So myself and another friend approached Peg again and said "we want to go"...after much convincing to the parents and fundraising, we were able to go to India for 2 weeks to set up a clinic and provide dental care, as well as travel to the villages where they practice Christianity in India. Only about 2% of the population of India practices Christianity and in some of the villages, non christians still persecute Christian followers. This trip was a life changing moment for me, and I am so happy that the women who were a part of this trip are still in my life and still encouraging me on my journey today. This trip really shaped me as a person. This trip showed me how passionate and hungry Iwas for God, as well as how passionate I was about getting out there and providing oral health care for those fortunate. Here are some of the pictures from that trip. Some are of our clinic and some are just of the villages and people we visited. Click to enlarge the pictures..and ENJOY!!

















4 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥

What an amazing trip! It looks intersting! I am glad you went!

Karen

I love the pictures of your trip! I myself have been on two overseas missions trips to South Asia, and they really changed my perspective about Who God is, and and opened my eyes to what His plans are for the nations!

I'm so glad that you were able to go!

Rebecca

What an amazing experience! I love the pictures!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥

I tagged you on my blog!!