CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Over 2 months...

It's been over 2 months since I last posted. I've really been at a loss of what to write on here.  I was tired of writing about my weight. 
I was tired of that defining me and this blog. 
I didn't want to sulk and have a pity party about Kevin being deployed again...because that's not me either.  Although it royally sucks.  BIG TIME. 

I have learned a lot about myself in the last few months. Good and Bad.  I'm really starting to mature and feel confident with myself and who I am and continue to become.  In no particular order...

1.I have learned that it's okay to ask for help. 
2.I have learned that it's okay to eat 3/4 of a tombstone pizza on my own while watching reality t.v. as long as it is not something I do everyday.   :-) 
3.I have learned that God is who I should turn to first.  Some many things have become clear in these last few months despite all of the muck going on and I have so much to be thankful for!  Have you prayed about something as much as you have talked about it?
4.I have learned that laundry will never ever be "caught up"..if it is, it's only for a few hours until we take our clothes off again. 
5.I have learned that it's easiest to stay caught up on laundry is doing a small load everyday. 
6.I have learned that #5 isn't going to happen everyday..I'm already 3 days behind. 
7.  I have learned that I enjoy exercising and when I don't, my mood and appetite and everything changes for the day, and not in a good way. 
8.  I have learned that I don't have to be perfect for Kevin.  He's been saying it to me for years.  He doesn't want me perfect that he loves me the way I am. 
I am finally at a point now where I look back and wonder why I stressed so much about having a clean house and dinner on the table and then snapped and snarked with him because I was so stressed.  Going forward none of the other stuff matters except for us and our relationship.  Our relationship is not based off of whether our floors are mopped or not. 
9. I love crocheting -  If we are friends on Facebook or Instagram.  You have seen that I have been keeping my hands busy. 
10.  I have learned that I don't enjoy blogging all that much.  I have so many other things going on and this is always the thing to take a back seat.  I'm okay with that too.  I'm not on here to have as many followers as possible.  I've only checked my traffic a handful of times, and I just find facebook and instagram easier and I can reach a bigger crowd with my short updates and pictures of our lives. 

Anyways...I'll be back when I'm back.  Whenever that may be!  I'm not guaranteeing a weekly weigh-in or recipe or update on every single thing we do.  BUT when I do feel like venting or unloading or sharing.  This is where I will go. 


2 comments:

Bridget

Love all your lessons learned! Good ones for all of us and many of them are things I find myself struggling off an on with so thanks for being real! Love you girl!

lizzybeth52

Amen girlie! I hear ya especially on #7! And I may or may not have eaten a Party Pizza for dinner tonight. ;-)