CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients:  

**4 chicken breast halves, pounded thin 
**4-8 slices of ham  
**4-8 slices of swiss cheese ( I used Mozzerella because it's what I had on hand, and I didn't feel like making a trip to the store for swiss cheese) 
**can of your favorite cream-of-something soup ( I used cream of mushroom..again it's what I had on hand)   
**2 T low fat milk

Directions:  

Pound chicken breasts flat (put them in a ziplock before you pound so chicken juice doesn't spray all over the kitchen.  Nasty. 
Put a slice of ham and cheese on the chicken breast. Roll up and place in crock pot, seam side down. 
Next....this part is the hardest part :) Open the can of soup.  Stir in 2T of milk and stir.  Then all you do is dump it over the chicken. 
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 4 hours on high. 


This was delicious!  We made homemade mashed potatoes with potatoes from Kevin's grandparent's garden.  This is now one of my favorites and it's super easy.  5 ingredients.  That's it.  Instead of pounding out the chicken. I used a sharp knife and cut in half.  I don't have a mallot, so this was the easiest option. 

I hope you all try this..such a warm delicious comfort food for the fall. 

Dietary Modifications. 
Trim the chicken of any fat.  Cutting the chicken breast will also reduce the portion of the chicken as well.
Using part skim mozzerella reduces the fat and calories compared to swiss cheese.
Use heart healthy or reduced sodium soup. 
and use skim milk or water.  It's just to thin out the soup to be more pourable over the chicken. 

Please comment me back if you try this recipe and what you thought of it!!

0 comments: