CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 23, 2009

5 Ingredient fix...


It has been a very long time since we have posted a food blog. During my time off I watched A LOT of food network. A newer show that I would watch occasionally was called 5 ingredient fix. It is a show where the host shows you how to create a dinner in 5 ingredients or less. It makes things very simple for those of us that now don't have time to go through the 20 something ingredients in the Bobby Flay cook book like we may have 3 months ago. Right now our extra time is spent playing with Lauren etc, so the idea of making a delcious supper in a quick, efficient, easy manner, was very appealing. I have yet to dive in an try any of the recipes seen on the show but I have made an attempt to create my own.

Hot Ham & Cheese Crescent Rolls

1 can of crescent rolls
Deli Ham- thinly sliced
Swiss cheese ( or your cheese of choice)

Preheat oven according to directions on the rolls.
Unroll dough on to table & separate rolls
Take 2 pieces of thinly sliced ham and one slice of cheese. Lay flat on top of crescent roll.
Roll dough up with ham & cheese inside :)
Place on cookie sheet and bake according to the roll directions (golden brown)

These were so yummy! They were quick and easy and delicious. 3 ingredients, 5 minutes prep, 15 minutes cook time and voila! I look forward to posting more quick and easy recipes in the future.

P.s. Great DESSERT advice. Save a few of the rolls before stuffing with ham & cheese...Lay flat on counter. Spread an even layer of cream cheese and on top of that strawberry jam.(or jam of your choice). Roll up again and bake according to the directions on can. These were very tasty as well. So there you go folks, you have dinner and dessert in 5 ingredients! I hope you enjoy:)
I apologize for lack of pictures of the dessert portion. I ate those first so I didn't have time to take pictures :)

2 comments:

Julie S.

What a great idea! I will definitely have to try these!

Cindy

Hey there- any word yet on the possible change in atmosphere? Let me know! PS- you have an amazingly beautiful daughter, and I love seeing pictures of her (must be those incredible Kelleher genes!)