CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Less than 20 days....

...until we embark on our next adventure. I am very anxious for the move.  I am having a hard time with not being able to "plan".  I hate not being able to answer questions of "where will you be living?" and when will you and Lauren be joining Kevin".  I just answer "Good question". I'm sure I bug Kevin with the same questions everyday.  Leaving Minnesota will be quite bittersweet.  In a way things were really starting to get great here! We were getting settled into our new place, I was offered a promotion, and I was starting to really make friends ( it only took a year!..lol), so it's going to be hard to leave that aspect of it, however, knowing that there is something far better for us in Kansas gives me great hope.  Things will be different at the beginning and will take some getting used to, but I have no doubt that Kansas will be good for us.  We have already researched websites on how we can get involved and meet people.  Obviously Kevin will meet other men and women in his unit, possibly some with family that we can become friends with. I on the other hand have found several classes that would be fun to take (crocheting, basket weaving, scrapbooking, and all other sorts of crafty things!)  We look forward to finding a church that we can call home and possibly joining a small group.


We have found that Ft. Riley, KS is pretty centrally located as far as for our family. It's about an 8 hour drive (4 1/2 hours closer) for my parents, and 8 hours from Minneapolis.  We have other friends and family that we can visit too in a days drive if needed.  Amtrak trains run from Topeka (45 min away) to Galesburg, IL for a very decent price. I plan on taking the train if I come up to Illinois anytime without Kevin. It will be way easier than flying with a baby. 

So please pray for our family as we start this new adventure. Please pray that Kevin can make it safely (in my old car) down to Kansas in this blustery winter at the end of this month. Pray that my experience with the movers goes well and that all of our belongings make it to Kansas in a reasonable amount of time and in good shape, and please pray for Lauren and I that we travel safely when we leave for Kansas in early February.  And if I could ask for one more prayer request.. I applied for 2 dental hygiene positions right on the Army post. I am still waiting to hear back from anyone. I am praying that I can get one of these positions!
Thanks for all of your love and support. Please forgive me if I do not update often in the next month. I anticipate that things are going to start getting really busy soon.

3 comments:

Julie S.

I can't even begin to imagine what is going on in your head! You are a brave woman! Best of luck with the move, I know things will go just fine. Prayers coming your way!

themurrayfamily

Much love and prayers are being sent your way! Take every challenge God presents you and embrace it for what it is worth. Kevin and Lauren are very lucky to have you! Best of luck!!

Rebecca

I look foward to seeing what your future brings! I, personally, love moving and finding a new house, getting it all set up, seeing the new sights....You are going to have a fantabulous time, I just know it!
Remember, you can write me anytime at all! I may not have answers, but I have military wife experince :)